Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1300 MCE Kit PCI Analogue And Digital TV Card MCE and Windows XP (1 Viewer)

johnno1865

Portal Member
November 25, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just installed MP (loving it so far, esp with the Xface skin!!) on my pC and am looking to get a TV card. Can anyone advise whether the Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1300 MCE Kit will work on Windows XP Pro SP2 with the latest version of MediaPortal?

Also, the cheapest place i have found so far is http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=12395&source=AffiliateWindow

Has anyone used this company before? Are they any good; or is there anywhere cheaper?

Or is there a better card out there? I'm looking to have a card that works well, picks up and records digital TV and could be used with Sky. Any other recomendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

Johnno

johnno1865

Portal Member
November 25, 2007
Home Country
Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you know for sure if it works with Windows XP Pro SP2 and whether I would be able to run Sky TV through it??

Thanks

Johnno

carvell

September 30, 2007
I have that card and had some issues with the remote and XP. I rang Hauppauge and they said that the kit is designed for Vista only.

I had to get a bit creative, editing drivers to make them support the infrared device, and mucking about with girder to get it working with XP.

I'd recommend you get an XP card (i.e. not the MCE version) unless you're very familiar with forcing drivers to work with windows and Girder.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The Hauppauge MCE-remotes should work with the eHome drivers. Even so: The MS remotes feels much better, and I'd recommend you to buy this instead (I have 'em both...)

johnno1865

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I have that card and had some issues with the remote and XP. I rang Hauppauge and they said that the kit is designed for Vista only.

I had to get a bit creative, editing drivers to make them support the infrared device, and mucking about with girder to get it working with XP.

I'd recommend you get an XP card (i.e. not the MCE version) unless you're very familiar with forcing drivers to work with windows and Girder.

Hi, can you advise me on how to edit the drivers so i can get the remote to work with my machine??

carvell

September 30, 2007
    You need to find irbus.inf in your windows\inf directory, and add the following line under [MicrosoftHw]:

%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus_RX, USB\VID_0609&PID_0334 ; SMK SF

The infrared drivers will then install, but you might find you have 'sticky keys' problem, where when you press 1 key on the remote it holds it down. I got round this by disabling the Microsoft HID devices that had been added as a result of the infrared drivers in device manager.

You can then use a Microsoft Media Remote plugin with Girder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom