Hauppauge! WinTV-HVR4000, Does it work? (1 Viewer)

ATIS02

March 10, 2007
Hy!

I´ve got this card, and it works! But I can not find hd channels on astra hd!

I don´t know why!

But analog, dvb-t and dvb-s works well

DarkWader

Portal Pro
October 3, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Great, good to know. Too bad that it only supports MPEG2 HDTV, and in Norway we will get MPEG4 HDTV.
But for swedish ppl this will work well.

fchristi

Portal Member
March 17, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Guys! I just bought the Hauppauge hvr-4000 today and I can+t get it to work with Mediaportal. It DOES find the card but as soon as I try to edit it I get "Unable to create graph for this card". Don+t know what to do. Any hints?
/Fredrik (SWE/GER/ENG/NOR)

user_99

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Austria, Graz
Guys! I just bought the Hauppauge hvr-4000 today and I can+t get it to work with Mediaportal. It DOES find the card but as soon as I try to edit it I get "Unable to create graph for this card". Don+t know what to do. Any hints?
/Fredrik (SWE/GER/ENG/NOR)

Do you have the encoder sw installed? You need it if you want to use use the analogue modul.

daHive

Portal Pro
March 1, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
i got the same card, but i only use the dvbs part(got another card for dvbt) now. when i set up mp, i tried to declare the hvr4000 as hybrid card, which didn´t work -> so i deactivated the dvbt and the analog tuner of it.

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi

I'm using two Hauppauge HVR-4000s in TV Server with Media Portal. They worked fine in Windows XP SP2 and appear to be working fine in Windows Vista Ultimate x86 (using the latest available Hauupage drivers). I am only using the DVB-S part on both and they receive the Free to Air channels on Astra 2 fine. This includes BBC HD which is broadcast in H.264 but currently on DVB-S.

I understand that MediaPortal needs to be updated for Hauppauge cards to use DVB-S2.

Mew

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    DVB-S2 support is in TVServer but we found a bug for our friends at Hauppauge to fix.
    Hopefully a new driver will be released soon for all.

DMAN

KRA

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is the analog part supposed to work, because I cannot get it working ?!

DVB-S is working with build 15291 tv-server, but not dvb-s2.

I'm using cd_mce_3_1g drivers from hauppauge UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom