Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S Support (1 Viewer)

alimk

Portal Member
January 26, 2005
i have recently purchased a hauppauge nexus-s card, i am currently using the version 0.2.0 of media portal. When i use the configuration wizard in media portal, it reconizes that i have a skystar card, and lets me select my prefrences for lnb, the problem i am having is that i cannot the Echostar transponders, i am a noob in this, so please help out, please post back as i am having alot of trouble, thanks in advance

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    alimk said:
    i have recently purchased a hauppauge nexus-s card, i am currently using the version 0.2.0 of media portal. When i use the configuration wizard in media portal, it reconizes that i have a skystar card, and lets me select my prefrences for lnb, the problem i am having is that i cannot the Echostar transponders, i am a noob in this, so please help out, please post back as i am having alot of trouble, thanks in advance
    i am sorry but the nexus-s is not supported by mediaportal
    http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/install:capturecards:start

alimk

Portal Member
    January 26, 2005
    oh, okay then, do you know if there ever will be support for it, its a very expensive tuner and it works great with other programs, like DVBDTV (beta) i was just wondering if anyone could implement some kind of support for it? maybe a plugin? thanks though, appriciate your support... :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    alimk said:
    oh, okay then, do you know if there ever will be support for it
    a support is not planed as far as i know.
    other cards like the Skystar 2 or the Twinhan DTV-Sat (also with supported CI available) are much cheaper and they work with mediaportal.

The CI support of the Twinhan isnt bugfree in 0.1.3. the 0.2 will work much better with it.

the skystar 2 is working nearly flawless with 0.1.3

scapeone

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    Im actually having the sames issues, bt with my skystar2 card. I pickup signals from Echo 6,8 and 7 using 2 lnbs and a 4x1 disecq switch, but i cant get channels when i use the autotune feature in either of the recent versions of MP is it an echostar issue or MP?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    scapeone said:
    Im actually having the sames issues, bt with my skystar2 card.
    i dont think that you have the same issues. because alimk is trying to use a card that is not suported.

the reason for your problem could be a settings mistake.
    i suggest that you start a bugreport and use the support template.

scapeone

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    infinityloop said:
    scapeone said:
    Im actually having the sames issues, bt with my skystar2 card.
    i dont think that you have the same issues. because alimk is trying to use a card that is not suported.

the reason for your problem could be a settings mistake.
    i suggest that you start a bugreport and use the support template.

thank you, will do...i hope you can help!

alimk

Portal Member
    January 26, 2005
    aww shucks, i was hoping that my card could get supported, oh well...guess im going to have to settle for another program for tv services, mediaportal is good for other media tho :) thanks to the mediaportal team for they're great work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom