Hauppauge WinTV Nova-SE2 (Sat PCI card w. software decoder) (1 Viewer)

Bernie

November 5, 2005
The above card is listed in the supported cards but it does not work as such. :?:

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I've tried to download the graphic editor and so to check out the needed installation but the link given does not work.

If anyone has the card and has it running please share your way to set it up!

Regards,
Bernd Meiners

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Nova SE2 is , let's say the small sister of the Nova-S +, which is working for me.
    I use this Driver
    it should work with the Nova SE2 too. I've tested it with 0.13 and the CaptureCardDefinition update and 0.2RC1

Bernie

November 5, 2005
    Koschel said:
    The Nova SE2 is , let's say the small sister of the Nova-S +, which is working for me.
    I use this Driver
    it should work with the Nova SE2 too. I've tested it with 0.13 and the CaptureCardDefinition update and 0.2RC1

Win-TV Nova SE-2 uses a conexant 23883-19 chip. It's not compatible to the older Nova S which runs on a TechnoTrend chip

I tried to reset all installations from the Hauppauge original 2.2 install cd. Then rebooted the system. Afterwards I installed the drivers from your above source.

I switched on the MediaCenter Registry entry and also entered the registry information for the Astra 19.2 satelites.

The latest CaptureCardDefinition.xml contains a description for the Nova SE-2 and it is now recognized in Media Portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom