h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Bored of buggy thermaltake's IMON based remote making mediaportal crash, lag, go mad etc etc etc, I got Hauppauge's remote out of the plastic sleeve and tried to set it up, plugging it to the HVR-4000 card.

Surprise: Works flawlessly ! Perfect response, not much in depth configuration...... all perfect.

Only problem is: remote only works AFTER launching and closing WINTV application.
It wont work by just launching IR Remote. I need to open wintv first, then close it to be able to make it work on mediaportal.

So question is: How to make it work , or what do i need to run to get it working without the need of launching wintv (so i can put it up on the start menu or something) ?

Thanks for helping!

ireshine

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
install IR32.exe from your Hauppauge CD (folder IR32) ,

You may need to edit your irremote.ini in your C:\Windows folder if it launches MCE and not mediaportal

But 1st try setting up the remote from MediaPortal Configuration
Remote > Hauppauge > ticket Hauppauge remote > click learn > and right click the other Hauppauge remotes you Dont have and delete them and click apply when done. Then restart the IR32 program (the remote looking thing in the taskbar) or restart the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom