Hauppauge WINTV401 PCI Interface TV/FM Tuner Card (1 Viewer)

volksy67

November 9, 2005
I have a Hauppauge WINTV401 PCI Interface TV/FM Tuner Card and can't seem to find any suggested way to make it work for live tv, it is not detected. Anyone have an idea? Are there other random drivers to make it work?

Thanks

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Only info I could find was on HTPCnews which suggested its a software card. Hence its not officially supported in newer builds and if you do get it working, it wont support timeshifting and a few other things.

volksy67

November 9, 2005
    Callifo said:
    Only info I could find was on HTPCnews which suggested its a software card. Hence its not officially supported in newer builds and if you do get it working, it wont support timeshifting and a few other things.

Hey, thanks for your message. I did get the card to work for tv and am working on fine tuning the options for it. I can't pause tv yet, but I will keep working on it. I am trying to see if I can make it all work so I don't have to buy a new card. I really want to but the ease of use for family is the main thing. I have heard it called WAF, Wife Acceptance Factor. I have wife and kids so it all has to be easy to use. What Hauppauge card is the best for Media Portal or is there another card that works better and I can use my Firefly remote as I bought Beyond Tv and was very dissapointed.

Thanks to all who work on this proggy and who use it and have info for us who get really confused.

Happy holidays

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom