Have MP3 music played back the same way FLAC, radio or audio from movies is played (1 Viewer)

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
My normal graph for movies, satellite radio and live TV looks like this:

radio.png

live satellite radio feed

tv.png

live TV feed

flac.png

FLAC audio playback

As you can see, everything is in its place and processed via AC3Filter the way I want it.

Along comes the MP3 file:
mp3.png

MP3 audio playback

Everything goes to hell. Because of my setup, I do not get any bass from my subwoofer, as LAV does not support bass redirection.

How can I set this one up correctly? My Music config in Mediaportal is set to "Internal dshow player". Setting this to "BASS engine" gives no output in Graphedit (but still crappy sound over the speakers)

Last edited:

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
LAV splitter - Input formats - disabled mp3 -> "Playback not possible" error in Mediaportal when trying to play mp3 files

reenabled mp3 in splitter and disabled mp3 in LAV audio decoder: No change

Last edited:

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, I want AC3Filter (or any other filter with bass redirection) to process my audio. In the first three graphs I posted, it does just that. But the last graph (MP3 playback) is taken over by LAV Splitter and "MP3 Decoder DMO", and I have no idea where I can change this setting/filter.

So basically I want the MP3 playback graph to look like the FLAC graph.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Download Radlight filter manager. After changing merits you have to log out and log back in to windows. From memory ac3 filter doesn't want to direct connect with mp3 but I may be remembering wrong. That is why I suggest ffdshow audio which also does bass redirect and can connect to anything. Bass redirect is best handled by audio receiver rather than a codec mixing approach, but some ppl have their reasons :)

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I'll give the filter manager a try!
    How would I connect ffdshow audio with mp3? Which setting would I have to change in the configuration?

Normally I would use the audio driver to achieve this, but in my new PC, the audio chip does not provide very good settings for crossover frequency. Also in terms of quality, it sounds a bit jagged.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Keep same mp setting of using dshow. Edit audio codec merits and lav splitter. Not sure if you want lav splitter in graph or not you will need to experiment. But start with what I suggested and mp3 disabled in lav splitter. If you can't get ffdshow in graph then enable.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    PS. Ffdshow tryouts, not regular ffdshow.
    Set ffdshow merit as. High as poss
    Untick all input box in ffdshow except mp3
    For bass redirect use extraction mode to avoid duplication which will distort sound.

When I said receiver is best I meant amp not sound card driver.

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, here's what I've done:
    Downloaded ffdshow tryouts
    Enabled mp3 only, unticked the rest
    In LAV Splitter unticked mp3
    set the merit of ffdshow audio to the highest setting

Still getting the "Playback not possible" after I untick mp3 from LAV splitter. When I tick it, it's the same image as in the last screenshot I posted (MP3 Decoder DMO)

I do not have an amp between my sound card and my speakers. I'm using a Teufel Concept F system which is directly hooked up to the PC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom