Having issues playing Trailers (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    btw - currently v1.8 isn't available via the mp extension installer updater.[DOUBLEPOST=1344119159][/DOUBLEPOST]BUG Playing Trailers

MP 1.2 / Trakt 1.8 / Avalon

Clicked on movie "21" to play trailer, then get "Unable to play: videoplayback?upn......" error
    http://trakt.tv/movie/21-2008
    Log attached :D

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    btw - currently v1.8 isn't available via the mp extension installer updater.
    I can't see any problem with that, anyone else?

Clicked on movie "21" to play trailer, then get "Unable to play: videoplayback?upn......" error
    http://trakt.tv/movie/21-2008
    Log attached :D
    Just for this movie, or all movies?
    Online videos reported: OnlineVideosPlayer: Failed to render file -> No video renderer connected

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just for this movie, or all movies?
    Online videos reported: OnlineVideosPlayer: Failed to render file -> No video renderer connected

For multiple movies. If I press F9 instead then go trailers -> youtube, i can play a youtube trailer.[DOUBLEPOST=1344121342][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: I think I found the problem, in online videos ->youtube , I can't play videos using the ".webm" format, is that the default format that trakt is attempting to play, if so then I guess it's a codec problem on my PC.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The trailers urls get scraped from themoviedb.org, so whatever that is pointing to.

Im using the latest LAV and haven't encountered any problem yet except for a handful of movies pointing to trailers that no longer exists. If that happens I just go and edit the url on themoviedb.org and wait for Trakt website to re-scrape (but that's out of scope for this plugin).

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    youtube videos have 3 different formats mp4 / webm / flv ; I'll check for codec problem thanks.
    EDIT: It was codec related problem, thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom