having some problems, please help if you can (1 Viewer)

granger

Portal Member
December 17, 2008
Instead of starting a new thread for each little thing I am having trouble with I am going to list some of the problems I am having below. These problems are probably a result of me being new to MP, but any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

1) Anyone have a residual black box in the upper left hand corner after stopping a movie? The box comes from the mini-screen that continues playing the movie if you escape back to the movie menu. Shutting down MP and restarting resets it, but obviously that isn't a fix. :)

2) RSS feed is blank, even though I have listed an RSS feed in config

3) weather icon (on home page) is blank

4) When playing a movie (ISO file) MP asks if I want to autoplay the file after the iso is mounted. Is there a way to avoid this check and jsut play the movie?

5) I saw in the streamedMP home page editor that I can change the refresh time for the backdrops (Wall-E, Heros,etc...) Is there a way to link to a static image or to isolate the images it cycles through?

6) I have this displayed at 1920 x 1080 and the fonts seem too big. daMaster walked me though fixing the homescreen fonts (I could not see "Movies", only "Watch My"), but when I go into my movie titles the fonts still seem a little large.

These may be MP issues and not a problem with the skin but any insight you all can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

ftothe3

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
2/3)how did you configure rss feed? you have to double click mediaportal configuration, then go to plugins then rss feed plugin config.

5)if you want only 1 background image, make sure there is only one image file in the animations folder (mediaportal\skins\streamedmp\media\animations)

6) i use 1920x1080 and everything seems fine with the fonts.

granger

Portal Member
December 17, 2008
2/3)how did you configure rss feed? you have to double click mediaportal configuration, then go to plugins then rss feed plugin config.

5)if you want only 1 background image, make sure there is only one image file in the animations folder (mediaportal\skins\streamedmp\media\animations)

6) i use 1920x1080 and everything seems fine with the fonts.

2/3) I'll double check tonight, thanks!

5) Awesome, again thanks!

6) I'll try and post some pics, it may just be a preference thing.

granger

Portal Member
December 17, 2008
1) Anyone have a residual black box in the upper left hand corner after stopping a movie? The box comes from the mini-screen that continues playing the movie if you escape back to the movie menu. Shutting down MP and restarting resets it, but obviously that isn't a fix. :)

Thanks,
Bryan

I had to reinstall my system and now this problem is back. NO idea how I fixed it the first time, just made a lot of hcanges and one day it went away.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this???

granger

Portal Member
December 17, 2008

Thanks,
Bryan

I had to reinstall my system and now this problem is back. NO idea how I fixed it the first time, just made a lot of hcanges and one day it went away.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this???

Any ideas?

granger

Portal Member
December 17, 2008
Some more info:

This only happens when I escape from an .iso movie. (I use dameon tools lite). I do not have this issue when playing back .mkv movies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom