[solved] Having trouble with channel scan & HDHR Prime (1 Viewer)

jachin99

Portal Member
September 3, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm running the latest version of MP TV server. I see my 3 prime tuners listed under my TV server, and I see that the tuning mode for these is set to digital cable. I don't have any clients setup but other than that, how can I confirm I have configured this correctly? I would eventually like to use this with either Emby or Kodi as a TV server only. Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

First let me say: the more detail you provide about what you need help with, the easier it is to help you. As it stands you've given us very little to go on, so I'm finding it really tough to be able to say anything that might be helpful.

...how can I confirm I have configured this correctly?
    Did you actually do a scan?
    If no... well, I guess you're not sure what you're doing, and you ought to find a setup guide.

If yes, are all your favorite channels now listed in the TV Channels section of TV Server Configuration?
    Have you tried to preview any channels?

I would eventually like to use this with either Emby or Kodi as a TV server only.
    You'll make life much easier for yourself if you use the MediaPortal front-end for initial testing.

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Sorry for the vague description, and let me know if any additional details are expected. To start off, I followed this guide: CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1. Working from that guide, I was able to the following:
    -Enable CAM for each of the 3 tuners
    -Set SDT/VDT to 140 seconds
    -Select Digital Cable for the tuning mode
    -Mapped my channels to one tuner
    -Performed channel scans for all 3 tuners

I have not attempted to setup any kind of EPG. I have installed the MPExtended V.0.6 beta on this same machine for compatibility with Emby. I am attempting this install on Windows Home Server 2011 and my version of media portal is MP 1.18.0 FInal. I'm working on getting a Win 7 VM spun up for testing but it has to go through some updates before it is ready. I'm not sure how well the Emby Client for Media portal would work to test things out. Here are some logs in case you need them. I haven't tried to preview or test anything yet because I have not dug into exactly how I would go about doing so. There seems to be A LOT of information around these forums, and I'm not sure how much of it is outdated. This is why I ask questions before anything else

Attachments

• SetupTv.1.log
      4.9 KB
    • SetupTv.2.log
      2.1 KB
    • SetupTv.3.log
      3 KB
    • SetupTv.4.log
      2.3 KB
    • SetupTv.5.log
      11.8 KB
    • SetupTv.6.log
      2.6 KB
    • SetupTv.7.log
      2.7 KB
    • SetupTv.8.log
      7.7 KB
    • SetupTv.log
      5.1 KB
    • SetupTv-Error.1.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.2.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.3.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.4.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.5.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.6.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.7.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.8.log
      0 bytes
    • SetupTv-Error.log
      0 bytes

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    I ran into directx errors on my VM so I bit the bullet and installed a client only setup on my Win 10 machine. Live TV works pretty good. My original problem was that I did not assign channels to any of my tuners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom