HCWHelper Crash / Hauppauge Remote Not Working (1 Viewer)

Athfar

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
I am having a similar problem to the thread below... I have a PVR-150 and I can't seem to get the remote working. I installed the Remote Components on the mediaportal website.

Also, when I close MP or the MP Config I get HCWHelper Stopping Working

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ml?t=5037&highlight=hcwhelper+stopped+working

Has anyone else had this problem?

MediaPortal Version: RC1 & SVN-Snapshot: 07-19-2007 01-00h - Revision:15246
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type: Althon 64 3200
HDD: 1x 500gb Seagate 7200.10
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: BFG NF4S
Motherboard Chipset: Nforce 4 ULTRA
Video Card: ATI X1900XT
Video Card Driver: 6.13
Sound Card: AC'97
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
1. TV Card Driver: 6.0.60000.16408
Remote: 45 Button Hauppauge

I can't find out where to enable / view my log or I would post it at the end here... Where is this?

Thanks!

ctgoodman

Portal Member
May 30, 2006
Salisbury, NC, USA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I too am having the same error but on startup. I've tried different versions of the hauppague drivers, The stable release of media protal, as well as RC2 with latest SVN. My issue is the remote still works but the blaster doesn't which I need to change the channels on my settop box from Dish... Does anyone have a solution this is starting form my third clean install this weekend. Thanks Anyone for whatever advice or solution that you can lend.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I am seeing this error too, here is my experience:

I have two tuners:

1) WintTV HVR 1300
2) WinTV PVR 150 MCE

The remote came with the HVR 1300 and works when I use latest drivers from hauppauge and only install hybrid card. When I want to install my second Tuner card (PVR 150) remote does not work anymore (IR.exe doesn't want to start anymore) and I also get the HCWhelper error when I exit MP config and MP itself.

Hoping on of the devs can look at this or do you think this is a hauppauge conflict?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This may be why most of the Dev's rate the M$ remote so much, as it's operating system specific, not Hardware.

Can only say my Hauppauge remote hit the bottom drawer, when i got my T500, but that was my 3rd tv card and already had the M$ one and can honestly say would not swop.

Sorry the 2 card thing seems to be screwing things up for you.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I am going to keep bugging them to try and get them to solve the issue, hopes aren't high but who knowes...last option is buying a MCE remote

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have two PVR (150/350) and no problems with the remote.....but I had the crash once. There is a trick with installing the correct drivers. Unfortunately the post with the tipp has gone. Perhpas I can get it together again, how it can be solved, but this will take a while. Cause I do not have much time currantly...

Flip.

ctgoodman

Portal Member
    May 30, 2006
    Salisbury, NC, USA
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have two PVR (150/350) and no problems with the remote.....but I had the crash once. There is a trick with installing the correct drivers. Unfortunately the post with the tipp has gone. Perhpas I can get it together again, how it can be solved, but this will take a while. Cause I do not have much time currantly...

Flip.

I think I've read that post.. I also read that you don't need the IR program that comes with the hauppauge software. I have since disabled that fom loading and the crash is gone. I can still use the remote to navigate but it will not blast the channels on my Dish sat box. Right now that is my only hang up.

ctgoodman

Portal Member
    May 30, 2006
    Salisbury, NC, USA
    Home Country
    A really big DUH! moment here.

OK, I've confirmed that Media Portal doesn't need the hauppauge IR.exe running as it supports the remote natively. So the HCWHelper program crash is gone. Now I stumbled across a built in plug in for the Hauppauge blaster and enabled it so now my Dish box gets blasted to the correct channel now... :)

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Flip.

I could really use this indeed! Thanks for helping me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom