HCWhelper crashes after MediaPortal shutdown (1 Viewer)

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
Whenever I shutdown Mediaportal via remote (Hauppauge Satellite S2, Logitech Harmony, Eventghost incl. MP-Plugin) or just via rightclick - quit, "HCWhelper has stopped working" appears in a new window (icon: a green gear-wheel).

How did I fix it?
  1. Complete your initial setup of Mediaportal, Eventghost and your SAT card
  2. Un- and reinstall ir32.exe
  3. Remove any IR entry from the Startup folder. Eventghost knows where to find the files, no need to start them every time.
  4. Open MediaPortal configuration
  5. Go to "remote" and disable all Hauppauge entries. They are NOT needed since Eventghost is doing the work for us.
  6. Reboot
  7. Give it a try, it should work flawlessly now!
The whole time, watch Eventghost for any red error on the left status line. After step six, you can open Eventghost and then fire up MediaPortal. There should be no error popping up.

Steps to Reproduce:
Just shut MediaPortal down, either with your remote, keboard or mouse.
You'll get the error when the configuration above is not met.

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Can you reproduce the problem when using IR control directly in MP instead of EventGhost? JUst to make sure that it is a problem of MP and not EventGhost...

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
To be honest, I couldn't event get it to work with native tools only. Therefore, I also use this config with my new rig. But I can definitely confirm that it was a problem under different versions with EventGhost and MediaPortal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom