[confirm] HD channels and some SD channels are not working (1 Viewer)

HolyCorn

Portal Member
September 3, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yep, this is a complete fresh install with a complete new scan of the channels. I checked the tuning parameters in the xml in the dvbc folder, and they are spot on.
The scanning works fine as well, all channels are found.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again HolyCorn

I haven't had a lot of time to look at your logs, but I just wanted to quickly make a few comments...

1. Tourettes tells me that multiple video streams are not supported. That means that it is unlikely for us to be able to make the Zenderoverzicht channel work.

2. I got the sample to play audio and video in MP by renaming the extension to MPG. If you are really desperate to make recordings from that channel then you could use that as a workaround. I've found a few cases recently where changing the extension from TS to something else makes an unplayable file work, so I'll try and look into it more deeply but I can't make any promises of a resolution because the TsReader code is very complex and I don't know it well.

mm

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi HolyCorn, i found the issue with our code, and we are discussing our options internally. Any way: No easy fix available.

I have ziggo too and can confirm the issue easily with Zenderoverzicht.

On the other hand NLD 1 HD is working fine here. Is that still problematic too? It might be that you are in a different area. (I am in network 5555)

EDIT: I see HD is working already on your end too. Weird part is i did not notice the problem, while i watch that channel quite often :)

HolyCorn

Portal Member
    September 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi again HolyCorn

I haven't had a lot of time to look at your logs, but I just wanted to quickly make a few comments...

1. Tourettes tells me that multiple video streams are not supported. That means that it is unlikely for us to be able to make the Zenderoverzicht channel work.

2. I got the sample to play audio and video in MP by renaming the extension to MPG. If you are really desperate to make recordings from that channel then you could use that as a workaround. I've found a few cases recently where changing the extension from TS to something else makes an unplayable file work, so I'll try and look into it more deeply but I can't make any promises of a resolution because the TsReader code is very complex and I don't know it well.

mm

I installed MDAPI and acamd yesterday, and watched TV without a problem for quite some time. Every channel is working fine now except zenderoverzicht. I dont really care about that channel so I'm quite pleased with the setup as it is now! :)
    Thanks again for the time spent on looking into this. (Still weird that ziggo is broadcasting 2 video streams on such a channel Oo)

Hi HolyCorn, i found the issue with our code, and we are discussing our options internally. Any way: No easy fix available.

I have ziggo too and can confirm the issue easily with Zenderoverzicht.

On the other hand NLD 1 HD is working fine here. Is that still problematic too? It might be that you are in a different area. (I am in network 5555)

EDIT: I see HD is working already on your end too. Weird part is i did not notice the problem, while i watch that channel quite often :)

Yes, I'm still wondering why nld 1 hd wasn't working, and then suddenly started playing fine. Oh well, its working now so I made a quick image from my setup :)

edit: i'm in 5555 network too btw

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually Ziggo is not broadcasting 2 video streams, we are interpretating it incorrectly :) What the issue with zenderoverzicht is, is yet unknown. But i still want to find it / solve it, could be important for other tv stations at some point.

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Last year I reported the same issue in another thread, but nobody did reply :(. Maybe the information in this thread can help:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...96/no-video-audio-case-sub-mpeg-stream-81373/

The only difference that I see with other channels is an extra stream type: 0x80 (User defined). According to the cable standard this can also be a video stream and maybe MP is using this stream instead of the real video stream (0x02).

I am not a expert so the direction given is a wild guess.

Attached a screenshot of a DVB stream inspector with detailed information that maybe can be useful.

Cheers,

Attachments

• DVDInspector_Zenderoverzicht.jpg
      DVDInspector_Zenderoverzicht.jpg
      147.9 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It might be that the zenderoverzicht is a channel without audio. That is something MP can not handle.

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It might be that the zenderoverzicht is a channel with audio. That is something MP can not handle.

Do you maybe mean without audio, because normally every channel has audio?

Zenderoverzicht has audio, but the same issue also happens with the Travelchannel and this is a normal channel. (That extra user defined stream)

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i will try travelchannel too, i have a hacked version of tswriter / tsreader which ignores the 0x80 stream. I indeed meant without audio, atleast nothing can be heard in zenderoverzicht. So i think it has no or an empty audio stream.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I cannot confirm Travelchannel here since there is no 0x80 stream here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom