HD Homerun Dual/cant record 2 programs at same time (1 Viewer)

dchabby

Portal Member
November 28, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi all - brand new to Mediaportal so forgive me if I am not doing this right.

I have been using WMC for the past while to record my OTA HD shows and just got a windows 8 computer that I will be using so I had to find a new PVR solution.

I have been trying Mediaportal and love it but cant seem to record 2 different broadcasts at the same time. I see that 2 tuners are active and available in the setup process so I don't think that is an issue.

Is there a quick solution to this or do I need to go into more detail ?

I am running the latest MP version and the computer I am testing on is a Lenovo P580 laptop with core i5-3210m.

Thanks !

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome dchabby :)

This should work if everything is configured correctly.
    Have you linked/mapped your channels to both tuners?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping

Select tuner 1 up the top and confirm all channels are listed on the right.
    Repeat for tuner 2.
    If any channels are on the left, select (you can use shift, ctrl, home, end etc. to select multiple) and click ">".

If that doesn't help, please post log files and we'll be happy to take a look at what is going on. :)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

mm

dchabby

Portal Member
    November 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi - when I go into channel mapping both tuners have all the channels listed on the right but nothing on the left, is this the way it should be ?

Also in trying to fix the issue I gave my tuners id #3 and 4 which means they should get top priority. not sure if this means anything but thought I should mention it.

I have attached a log file. What I have done is set up a recording which started right away. Then went in and started a second recording which also was supposed to start right away.

The first one starts but the second one doesn't. I then stop the first recording and then the second one will start.

Any help will be much appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks dchabby - that's perfect (y)

Hi - when I go into channel mapping both tuners have all the channels listed on the right but nothing on the left, is this the way it should be ?
    Yep, that's correct.

Also in trying to fix the issue I gave my tuners id #3 and 4 which means they should get top priority. not sure if this means anything but thought I should mention it.
    Everything is fine in terms of tuner priority. TV Server won't attempt to use the radio webstream or DVB-IP tuners for your ATSC channels - it knows they can't tune them.

I have attached a log file. What I have done is set up a recording which started right away. Then went in and started a second recording which also was supposed to start right away.

The first one starts but the second one doesn't. I then stop the first recording and then the second one will start.
    This is great - shows the issue perfectly. :)

So, what I can see is that this happens whenever you try to use the tuner with ID #3:
    dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x8000FFFF

I'm not 100% sure what that means. My best guess is that the tuner is being used in other software. Each tuner can only be used in one program at any given time.
    So, have you been using the HDHomeRun software (or any other software - WMC etc.) to test the tuner?
    If you open HDHomeRun config, does it show that one of the tuners is constantly being used even when MediaPortal is not using any tuners?

mm

dchabby

Portal Member
    November 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi yes looks like that is exactly what is happening. one of the tuners is constantly being used and I don't even know what would be using it.

I should have realised that too as one of the 2 lights on the front of the homerun is always on.

So now I just need to find out which device is using it as I don't recognize the ip address showing on the homerun config.

Thanks for the help though !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom