[confirm] HD only works after toggling TV plugin various times (1 Viewer)

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I run MediaPortal in Client/Server config, where my Server is a Intel i7 CPU with 8 GB RAM and 100MBit/s Ethernet LAN, my client is an AMD x2 5600 with 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD2600XT.

Since the RC1 I see the following behaviour when switching to an HD channel (e.g. ZDF in Germany) only:

After startup of MP I go to TV. Then, with an HD channel previously already selected MP should start showing ZDF HD. Instead, after 5-6 seconds I get a message: "unable to play stream 2.0".

I then press ok. I switch TV off and on - wait another 5-6 seconds and then the program is displayed.

This I can reproduce everytime.

Equally I see when a SD channel had been selected before entering TV plugin: When I chnage to an HD channel, the screen blacks out for 2-3 seconds and then the last screen of the SD programm is shown as "still picture". Going back, switching TV off and on will first show the unable to play stream" message, back, off and on again wil finally play the HD channel.

I tested with and without the new core.dll. No difference.
    I also tested with PowerDVD 9 and Microsoft WIN7 codecs, no difference. I however see the PDVD9 codec having a microstutter once very 15 secs (Video and Audio) where the Microsoft codec generates heavy artifacts in case there is lots of dynamic in the videostream.

I attach the logs, if any more info is required please advise.
    Pls disregard below H/W in signature, this is old one i will change my signature now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom