HD starter plugin (1 Viewer)

Tegels

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've installed the HD starter plugin. Great plugin! Now I want the plugin visual in my home screen (with the icons). My current situation is that I've to push two times the Home button. In the list of plugins that I have there, I can see the HD starter. Who can tell me if this is possible (putting the HD starter in the basic Home screen) and how to do this? :confused:

Tegels

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I know that but the HDstarter plugin isn't in the list of supported plugins.

hjbaard

Portal Pro
April 25, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
OK, I've found the solution. In MP config go to plugin's. Select HD Starter and click config. Write down the plugin ID.
Now go to homescreen.xml in your skin and use this ID as hyperlink. For the image en hover image you can use any image in you skin\media directory. The label name is up to you also (I called it: HD speler).

It works perfectly on my system.

(If you have any problems, just give me a call :))

Tegels

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay HJBaard, thanks for this advice. It works! I made a mistake to add a plugin in the basichome.xml; i had to change a plugin which I'm not using..... Í removed/changed my 'Alarm' for the HD Starter and it works great!!

Bluti

Portal Pro
September 19, 2009
Berlin/Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, I've found the solution. In MP config go to plugin's. Select HD Starter and click config. Write down the plugin ID.
Now go to homescreen.xml in your skin and use this ID as hyperlink. For the image en hover image you can use any image in you skin\media directory. The label name is up to you also (I called it: HD speler).

It works perfectly on my system.

(If you have any problems, just give me a call :))

I have the same problem, but there is no homescreen.xml on my system. Any other solutions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
I changed the setting to delayed. And it seems to be working. No problems with the reboots, so far. Thanks for the suggestions.
I changed the setting to delayed. And it seems to be working. No problems with the reboots, so far. Thanks for the suggestions.
I've had to upgrade to 1.27 because my TVServer kept not starting when the computer rebooted. So now I've lost TVWishList, which...
Replies
Views
I'm US Eastern (-5 to -4 with DST). I also don't sleep normally, though, so when I'm up is anyone's guess. I got it to build a setup and install on my laptop. Now I can test skin stuff and really get my hands dirty. Nereus is gorgeous, but definitely not made for a mouse or touch screen. I've got some suggestions for it, but I'll put...
I'm US Eastern (-5 to -4 with DST). I also don't sleep normally, though, so when I'm up is anyone's guess. I got it to build a...
Okay, so I've spent the past day and a half on the wiki and forums. I've forked MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2, downloaded a ton of...
Replies
Views
How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom