HD usb capture card mediaportal support ? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does your patch work with 1.4 as well or must I have to upgrade to 1.5
    You must upgrade to use that patch.

This unit needs to be officially supported when version 1.5 final gets released as I'm sure there are others that would want this as well.
    Sorry but there is no way that is going to happen. Our release process has rules that require changes to be well tested. With MP 1.5 set to be released within the very near future there has simply not been enough testing. Further, right now we're testing the final build internally - nothing else will be changed or fixed except "show stopper" bugs now.

Cpoc

Portal Member
    January 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Fair enough, when I receive the unit I will post feedback. On your other thread one member posted that is works fine so this is good. When 1.5 final does get released will this patch still work or will you be releasing another patch for final build. In the future it would be good if it is officially supported like the hpvr1. I am more the willing to do testing and provide feedback.

Cpoc

Portal Member
    January 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I received my hdpvr2 installed the drivers only and reboot server. I upgraded to 1.5 pre release applied the patch dll files and the hdpvr2 was recognized. Best way to make this work with a mix of analogue cards ie pvr150 is to create a new group called HD and assign all HD channels to this group. Then you must edit the channel one by one in the crossbar settings and change to HDMI#1 and sound automatic. Then you map all the HD channels to the hhpvr2. Now when you select this HD channel it will use the hdpvr2 instead of the pvr150. Capture looks good allot better then the pvr150. This unit needs to be officially supported in mediaportal. Perhaps release 1.5 final with experimental support for the hdpvr2.

Eventually I will change all my pvr150 to hdpvr2. As I have 3 standard stb and 1 hd stb I'll keep my pvr150's for now. I am planning to upgrade the whole server to ssd for the much faster read on the databases while keeping the buffering and recording on the 4 x 500 gig hardware raid 5 drives. They were once used in my nas but since upgraded to 8 x 3 terabyte drives. So I figure I may put them back to use again. The 500 gig drives are enterprise drives and have been flawless in my nas for over 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom