HDHomerun and EPG Grabbing (1 Viewer)

renbo2000

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
I have the HD HomeRun Dual Tuner unit. I have configured a TV Server installation which is the sole consumer of the HDHR.

I have been trying for a week to get EPG grabbing to work! Has anyone had success getting EPG grabbing to work with this unit?

I have searched around the internet and haven't had success yet.

renbo2000

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
My location:

Milford, Michigan 48381
United States of America
Northwest of Detroit

Using an attic mounted antenna and over the air digital only television signals.

Receiving 30 channels currently. Scanning for those channels, and streaming them to the clients is all working fine.

However no EPG grabbing is occurring.

--Reynolds

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MePo does not support EPG grabbing over the air using USA ATSC TV signals. For the USA one of the web/net based EPG options like Schedules Direct, WebEPG, XMLTV is a good way to go. See the following in wiki

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)

It is possible but a bit awkward to get OTA ATSC EPG grabbing working using EPG Collector. With this option you only get about 12 hours of EPG info. See the following forum post. I should probably update that message with additional info on finding the RF/physical Channel for MePo 1.3 and later.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-opentv-mediahighway.86434/page-2#post-883824

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    Just a recommendations. I use schedules direct. I use it to update both Analog, basic cable, and with my hd homerun prime for extended cable. If ya dont want to do that I also tried out mc2xml i believe.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    ... Also recommend Schedules Direct ($25/yr subscription). Been using it since day one with MediaPortal (5.5+ yrs?) for local OTA digital broadcast and 2 HDHomeRuns (dual tuners each)

Last edited:

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    Another thing with the schedule direct plugin is you can have it go out a fetch more info then what the epg give you.

Anthyony Davis

Portal Member
    November 27, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Home Country
    mc2xml, is the best way to go, I use it and it works without issue.
    I just wish there was a way to get more details from the xmltv file into the guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom