HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO - can MP record more than 4 channels (1 Viewer)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm currently using a TBS6985 DVB-S2 quad tuner, but we have reception issues - seems to be caused internally in the server - I moved the card to another slot recently and it got a lot worse, moving it up another slot improved things but we still have occasional reception problems - the satellite tuner in our TV gives a perfect picture.

So I was looking for a DVB-T2 card, and then stumbled upon the SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO, which is an external box, so can be installed anywhere, which seems a good idea, and will save a slot in the server - I'm looking to upgrade the motherboard in my server as it's ten years old, and newer motherboards that fit my requirements for other things seem to lack PCIe slots, meaning my current three cards will use them all up.

So my question is, can Mediaportal record more than 4 channels with the HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO ?

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    To answer my own question, yes it will if they are on four or less multiplex's.

Just tried recording BBC 1 SD, BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD, ITV HD and CH 4 HD and it used just one tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom