HDHOMERUN detected, but not showing (1 Viewer)

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XPSP3
CPU Type: Intel
HDD:
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 2250
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: HDHomeRun
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon a thread a few days ago about the HDHomerun not showing up in MediaPortal if you have a Hauppauge 2250 installed in the machine as well. For the life of me, I can't find that thread again.

Does anyone know if this is an actual problem, or just someones best guess? I tries uninstalling reinstalling MP and HDHR, but it seems to be the same. I can load MP on different machines and it works great with HDHR. This sucks. I wanted to use the 2250 for my STB analog channels. My only other choice is an ATI USB piece of junk with no hardware encoding.

Other than that, MP is working fantastic with XBMC PVR testing branch.

snippet from the log:
2010-10-25 16:31:47.250000 [(6)]: Found card:silicondust hdhomerun tuner 1019fcd6-0
2010-10-25 16:31:47.250000 [(6)]: silicondust hdhomerun detected - prefer cable mode: True
2010-10-25 16:31:47.265625 [(6)]: Found card:silicondust hdhomerun tuner 1019fcd6-1
2010-10-25 16:31:47.265625 [(6)]: silicondust hdhomerun detected - prefer cable mode: True
2010-10-25 16:31:47.265625 [(6)]: Remove filter from graph: DVBC Network Provider
2010-10-25 16:31:47.265625 [(6)]: Remove filter from graph: ATSC Network Provider
2010-10-25 16:31:47.265625 [(6)]: Remove filter from graph: DVBS Network Provider
2010-10-25 16:31:47.265625 [(6)]: Remove filter from graph: DVBT Network Provider

-TH
:D

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
All,

After doing more research (and a bit of luck), I am happy to report that this is probably not a MediaPortal issue. When I removed, reinstalled the HDHomerun software, it apparently left behind the BDA driver configuration in the registry. I manually deleted the registry keys and ran HDHR setup again. I then selected BDA driver mode "normal" instead of "auto" and then clicked the "repair" option, which re-registered all the driver files. It seems to be working fine now with both tuner cards.

-TH

The Dave

Portal Member
November 3, 2010
Home Country
I've been running XBMC fir awhile first using Aeon variety skins and now Night. I am experimenting with switching to MP because I have to have TV functionality and am tired switching between MCE and XBMC. I thought most of XBMC PVR development was towards Myth or VDR? I just need to figure out the EPG with MP and I will be set for the most part. Once that is done I will install MP on the client HTPC's. I found this thread because I have two dual tuner HDHOMERUN's.

Anyways, how has your experience been using MP through XBMC? Can you still set recordings through XBMC, view the EPG, view recordings, etc? Has it been pretty stable? Are you only able to use confluence as the skin?

Any info would be great!
-Dave

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
Dave,

I gave up on MediaPortal. It has too many "little things" that I just wasn't happy with. I was really hoping to get something running on Windows, because I didn't want another machine dedicated to linux and I have other things running on the Windows box that can't be put on linux. I ended up using Mythbuntu, which is no easy feat in setting up (at least with the hardware I have). The HDHomerun was pretty straight forward and the channel mapping was really simple, unlike MediaPortal. The hard part was with my hardware for analog for my crappy Comcast STB. Also Myth has a really sweet web interface, that MediaPortal doesn't have out of the box (it's an addon).

I did try xbmc with the MediaPortal addon (when I had MP working) and it worked really well.... better than anything I have found for an xbmc front end for myth. I just hope that work is being done for a pvr addon for Myth. If you only have the HDHomerun and a simple channel lineup, MP may be just the ticket for you. If you want to try MP check out the xbmc builds here XBMC extensions

I think once you get a backend going for TV, regardless of which you choose, the upcoming release of xbmc with the unified PVR support will kick ass! That seems to be the common problem with all of the PVR software..... their front ends kinda suck... especially when compared to xbmc.

-TH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom