HDHR connect not located (1 Viewer)

markthenewf

December 22, 2019
Somewhere in Texas between Houston and San Antonio
Home Country
Canada Canada
Good day from Texas.

Just have a clean install of windows 10 on my HTPC. Since Media Center is going the way of the dodo, I downloaded MP2 and ran the base setup for the client+server. Things looked like they went smooth but it doesn't seem to be able to find the HDHR tuners on my network. I looked around here but didn't see anything specific to the older HDHomerun 'connect' network dual tuners. It seems that most have newer HDHR hardware, so I'm not sure that stuff is applicable. FWIW, I can see the HDHR and tune them via both my current Windows 7 pc and Android. They're on the network, but MP2 doesn't see them for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
In HDHomeRun Setup, under BDA Compatibility Mode select MediaPortal, similar to the screenshot below.

HDHomeRun%20Setup,%20Configuration.png

Here's the link if you don't already have the software installed
http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_windows.exe

markthenewf

December 22, 2019
Somewhere in Texas between Houston and San Antonio
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yeah, I saw that early on and switched it to MP. I also went back into Windows 10 and made sure I had all the sharing options and network discovery on. Did not make a difference. :confused: Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling something? I'm at the beginning stage so this wouldn't be a bit deal. My Google-Fu has not revealed anything yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom