[Remote] HDMI-CEC Support < 35€ (3 Viewers)

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Been waiting for this for a long time, can't wait to see support for it +10

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Somehow it seems that there is no free / interested devs in the team - I would be interested, but I have my hands full of other things already so I cannot take the task. Any community devs who want to take a look?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK, i created a plugin that uses cec commands for navigating MediaPortal, but don't know how to distribute it. Any help woul be nice. Thanks!
    Hi,

first of, it is always a good idea to publish your source code to e.g. google code or github so that your work isn't lost and others can help improve it... Regarding publishing the final result it's best to create a mpei file -> http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/6_Plugins/Extensions_Installer

You can then upload it to the MediaPortal repository.

Not sure if that is what you wanted to know, if you have any more specific question feel free to ask... ;)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    OK, i created a plugin that uses cec commands for navigating MediaPortal, but don't know how to distribute it. Any help woul be nice. Thanks!
    As DieBagger said, publish the sourcecode and either start with a testing post with binaries or publish a MPEI installer package.
    I had ordered such a decide some time ago, but didn't find the time to implement a plugin yet - so I could help you with testing if you want. If you publish the sourcecode I could also help you with creating MPEI installer package.

thomas_fogh

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you publish the source code, I'll order a device and help you testing...

springfield

March 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    The code is at http://code.google.com/p/cecremote/
    There is already an .mpe1 file in it.

I created this extension only for myself, but then I saw this thread and decided to make a simple GUI for settings so that more people could use it. Sadly I have no time to further develop this extension so I hope there is someone who has. You can use all of my code(part of it is actually from WifiRemote).

Currently it supports only basic functions(up,down,left,right,enter,back,...).

There is one bug I know of, when you turn on MediaPortal or Settings for extension it goes to HDMI port 1 and then to the one you set in settings(this takes less than second on my Samsung TV).
    And the current project uses 3 dlls(CecRemote.dll, LibCecSharp.dll, libcec.dll), so if someone knows how to make it only one, would be great if he makes that(I tried with ILMerge).

Extension was tested only on my Samsung TV, but it should work on others.

P.S.
    Write me if you want to be committer on Google Code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom