[Remote] HDMI-CEC Support < 35€ (1 Viewer)

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

The new Version from the cecremote plugin works absolut perfect with my Samsung TV. Even the Play, Stop etc. Buttons are working now.

Big thanks

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

The type of CEC support that I'm after appears different to everyone else :(

I'm not after my TV/avr remote controlling mediaportal, but instead MePo or the HTPC controlling the TV/avr.

I want my HTPC to turn on my tv/avr (and select the correct source) when it resumes by remote (but not WOL), it want my HTPC to turnoff my tv/avr when it enters awaymode or suspend.

At the moment I am trying to do this via the CEC commandline client.

J.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I want my HTPC to turn on my tv/avr (and select the correct source) when it resumes by remote (but not WOL), it want my HTPC to turnoff my tv/avr when it enters awaymode or suspend.

J.

If you auto-launch MediaPortal when your HTPC boots up, you should be able to achieve almost this behavior with CecRemote. It can power on your TV when MePo starts or resumes and turn it off when MePo closes/PC goes to standby. If you need more general support without MediaPortal, take a look at cec-tray.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I never had any joy with cec-tray :(

Will cecremote handle my avr?

I think on of my issues is configuring y TV and AVR. I simply want them to process CEC commands, without being "linked" together... but it appears they dont play well when not linked (auto on/off) together.

J.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new version is not ready yet. You can test the "alpha" version though if you want -> http://cecremote.googlecode.com/files/CecRemote-0-8-2-alpha.mpe1
    It seems also that the C# version of libcec is not up-to-date, for example the Button "Max" you mentioned, has the same key code with "Data". And some of the deck control codes (for Samsung play/pause) are missing too.
    This version works very well for me too! Thank you.
    But I would love to have a little bit more control over the Fast Scrolling feature. It works quite well right now, but in my opinion it gets activated too fast; e.g. if I press "right" three times in a row it starts fast scrolling allready. This is somewhat disturbing if I browse through my homescreen. I think it would be more convenient if the user can adjust the sensitivity of this feature.
    Thanks for your effort!

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have also done first testings.

The remote works now after resuming the PC.
    The ignoring feature also works very well. The only thing that I have mentioned there is, that the setting of the ms is not possible because the gui element is disabled.

What is still open for me:
    Ending of the windows screeensaver does not work.

Thank you for spending your time for the community.

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new version is not ready yet. You can test the "alpha" version though if you want -> http://cecremote.googlecode.com/files/CecRemote-0-8-2-alpha.mpe1
    It seems also that the C# version of libcec is not up-to-date, for example the Button "Max" you mentioned, has the same key code with "Data". And some of the deck control codes (for Samsung play/pause) are missing too.
    This version works very well for me too! Thank you.
    But I would love to have a little bit more control over the Fast Scrolling feature. It works quite well right now, but in my opinion it gets activated too fast; e.g. if I press "right" three times in a row it starts fast scrolling allready. This is somewhat disturbing if I browse through my homescreen. I think it would be more convenient if the user can adjust the sensitivity of this feature.
    Thanks for your effort!

you can set ms time for fast scolling.
    set the time up

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you can set ms time for fast scolling.
    set the time up
    (You are talking about the latest alpha, right? Because this is now different to the last stable version) I've tested that already. But regardless what time I enter the control just behaves somehow delayed/slower but there is no impact on the Fast Scrolling behaviour. I thought this setting is more to prevent double key presses.

The ignoring feature also works very well. The only thing that I have mentioned there is, that the setting of the ms is not possible because the gui element is disabled.
    I think you have to activate that feature, then save and afterwards you can edit the time.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have to correct my statement. The setting of the ignore value is of course possible. There must be something wrong with my eyes. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom