HDMI integrated motherboard (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    the whole HDMI/HDCP thing is way to unsure to make a waterproof decition right now.

but for HDTV you will surely need current high end GPU + CPU (dualcore).
    (thinking about recording/timeshift ect.)

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    One point that few people seems to care about:
    An integrated mobo with audio and video out using HDMI and coupled clocks would mean that Reclock is no longer needed: Audio and video would guaranteed stay in sync forever with zero frame-skip and no audio resampling.

This feature alone would be worth a great deal to me.

regards
    Knut

scythelt

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    I recently built my htpc around a ABit iL-90MV motherboard and Silverstone LC-19 case. The motherboard is an mATX with integrated GMA950 video and HDMI out.

Wonderful motherboard... I'm in the process of having the case replaced under warranty at the moment, the DC-to-DC board was faulty.

Topher5000

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2006
    I have an MSI K8N2-FID with DVI out & it works great. The problem is, I want to try the MS Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on, but my mobo isn't HDCP compliant, so I'm pretty sure I have to buy a new graphics card. Make sure any board your're looking at is copyright compliant.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard Definition). At the moment the studios have backed away from ICT because of the number of people, especially in the US that have non-HDCP HiDef TVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom