HDTV into mediaportal from set top box (1 Viewer)

CorruptByte

Portal Member
April 25, 2006
Miami, FL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello everyone,

I've been searching the forums and haven't found any real good information on this so I thought I would try posting a new thread. I'm trying to watch HD Satellite here in the USA using a set top box. I'm looking for a capture card that MediaPortal supports that can handle HD input. I've read that it is not possible to have HDMI out from a STB and into a PC due to the HDCP copywright protection. Is component video subject to the same restrictions given that it is analogue format? Are there any capture cards available, that work with MediaPortal, and that support component video input?

Are there any STB's out there that output ATSC signal in the form of coax so I can use an ATSC HDTV Tuner card? I'm trying to figure out a viable setup for a HD MediaPortal box while utilizing Dish Network or DirecTV. Cable is an option but I'd rather not go that route. Any suggestions (even if they're cable) are welcome.

Thanks.

CorruptByte

Portal Member
April 25, 2006
Miami, FL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've found this while looking to upgrade other parts of my HTPC. This external tuner is $200 has component in and can take feeds from XBOX360/PS3/STB with success. Has anyone tried this before? What are the chances of getting this to work with MediaPortal. It seems like it could work.

Hauppauge HD PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder 1212 USB 2.0 Interface - Retail

I didn't notice the link in your previous post. Looks like you found the same thing. Yes, I'm hoping it is supported soon, it looks like it can work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom