hdtv .ts file or live tv occasionally slow to launch with high cpu and low fps (1 Viewer)

cgibson33

Portal Member
March 25, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Tony: Done & about to test. You are 100% correct in that whenever the problem occurs that the audio start 15 seconds before the video. I recently bumped RAM up to 2GB in order to reduce risk of pagefile shuffling. I think that I could bump it up to 2.5 with the memory that I have on-hand...would that help?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's hard to know - it won't do any harm (provided it doesn't make the RAM run slower overall - sometimes filling more DIMM slots means the memory clock limit is lower - depends on the motherboard).

You could also try one of the experimental TsReader.ax versions from -> here <- they will drop very late data samples so recovering from the situation might be faster.

Tony

cgibson33

Portal Member
    March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok. Currently testing using V50 of the experimental TsReaders and with pagefile on OS drive (not on recording and timeshifting drive). Also, I will soon receive a SiliconDust Dual ATSC network tuner, and I will try only using that for HD and the HVR-1600 for analog channels.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's hard to know - it won't do any harm (provided it doesn't make the RAM run slower overall - sometimes filling more DIMM slots means the memory clock limit is lower - depends on the motherboard).

Motherboard manual usually say "dual channel memory support", but to work correctly these need to be the exact same memory timings, thats why you are better off buying as a pair, or there may be conflicts.

cgibson33

Portal Member
    March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I was thinking that with the SiliconDust network tuner on the way, that I could change my old Pentium4 computer (beside tv) from a server into a client, and then use my fast Llano laptop as the server. This would eliminate all of the recording/timeshifting traffic on the IDE disk drives of the old computer.
    Thoughts anyone?

cgibson33

Portal Member
    March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi guys. After turning my server/client to a client, and running for about a week using an hdhomerun dual as the main tuner, the problem has not re-occurred.

It seems that heavy I/O to the secondary hard drive (on an old Pentium 4 computer with IDE drives) was what triggered the problem.

Would this officially be a "no bug" then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom