Headphones kill TV (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm posting again to add further info. on this problem, basically using the headphones still kills the TV just not immediately anymore.
    As per the following sequence of events and timings see the attached logs.

13:49 Start MP, Select TV and program, plays OK.
    13:50 Stop TV, back to main menu, Plug in Headphones, Select Radio Time
    13:51 Select staion and play, audio plays on headphones, speakers muted.
    13:52 Unplug headphones, audio plays on speakers, stop play exit Radio Time
    13:53 Select TV, black screen, no video or audio!
    13:54 Exit TV, close MP
    13:55 Start MP select TV, plays OK!
    Following the above and included in the logs, I did try to reproduce the all station failure I have experienced when trying to use the headphones with Radio Time but was not sucessfull. I was, however, able to confirm that whilst I could plug and unplug the headphones multiple times when watching TV without problem, as soon as I closed TV and restarted it then I get the black screen (no video or audio).o_O

mm1352000 Does any of this look like the problem you mentioned you have a patch for?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi joecrow

To directly answer your question: no it doesn't.

It's strange. I can see the MediaPortal Audio Renderer behaving differently in each scenario, but I don't understand why it's behaving differently. The same audio renderers appear to be available for it to use, so... :confused:

Can you please try to reproduce the problem using TV, and using a DirectSound option instead of the MPAR.

Regards,
    mm
    P.S. As it says in the wiki, normally it isn't recommended to use the MPAR with TV anyway.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Attached are the logs showing the problem using DirectSound Speakers: (Realtek H.D. Audio), Audio Renderer. Please note I have completed the upgrade so it is now Win. 10 and as you correctly assumed it made no difference.:(

Sequence and timing as follows:-
    13:32 Start MP and play TV
    13:34 Plug in headphones, audio plays on headphones, speakers muted
    13:35 Unplug headphones, audio plays on speakers, stop play, close TV
    13:36Open TV, blank screen, no video or audio.
    13:37 Close TV and exit MP
    13:38 Start MP and open TV, plays OK.

Having said that, due to the order of the notifications that MP receives when the headphones are removed and connected, there may be a possibility that the patch I was thinking of will help (even though it doesn't look like what I've seen in the past).

The patch is available here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-mediaportal-1-12.131227/page-4#post-1142818

Do you have instructions on how to install this patch or do I need to re-install MP?:eek:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you have instructions on how to install this patch or do I need to re-install MP?:eek:
    It's very simple. Just replace the Core.dll, DirectShowLib.dll and MediaPortal.exe files in the MediaPortal install folder (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) with the ones in the zip file. Make sure you take a copy of the original files before replacing so that you can roll-back if necessary. Also note the patch is for MediaPortal 1.12 only.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, installed the patch and tested................ That fixed it(y). I can now repeatably plug and unplug the headphones without any apparent problems with TV. I also tried Online Videos and that seems to work except it would not respond to the remote or keyboard when I tried to stop it and I had to do a CAD and close MP with the task manager, that is included in the attached logs, but please be aware that I have not been able to reproduce it. In RadioTime I do have to stop and restart the station after plugging in the headphones, it does not automatically switch the audio to them although speakers are muted. I'll give it a try with a Direct Sound Audio Renderer to see if there is a difference there and let you know.
    As mentioned earlier I have attached the logs, same series of events and timing as in the post for the previous test (initial TV testing) except the start time is 15:17 today.
    All in all though a great fix many many thanks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom