Help-A-Noob! Scan for channels not working (1 Viewer)

GimpyGeek

September 29, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all. I just downloaded and installed MP2 to replace the no-longer-supported Windows Media Center. I have two K-World UB435-q USB adapters on my computer, connected to a HDTV antenna outside. Media Center worked fine, found all my channels and did accurate recordings.
When I run the MediaPortal TV Server Config and select one of the tuners and click on scan for channels, it very quickly goes through all the channels and says no signal found. I can tell the cards are not being used, as they have red lights on them when they are on, and the lights are off.
If I click on the "Test Channels" option of the TV Server Config, it shows that my cards are idle. How do I wake up the cards, so that they can be used?
I have attached my log files, if that helps.
Thanks!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are different kind of errors logged:
    System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'StreamingServer.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamSetupEx(String ipAdress, Int32 port)
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming..ctor(String hostName, Int32 port)

[2015-09-28 17:12:32,366] [625678 ] [54 ] [ERROR] - dvb: Add main Ts Analyzer returns:0x80004003
    [2015-09-28 17:12:32,366] [625678 ] [54 ] [ERROR] -
    TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to add Ts Analyzer filter
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.AddTsWriterFilterToGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardATSC.BuildGraph()

They have in common, that they affect unmanaged (native C++) code. Do you have all VC Redistributables installed? Usually they are installed by MP2 setup, but in your case there seems to be something wrong with them. I recommend to manually reinstall all the named VC redists from our wiki page:http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/1_Getting_Started/2_Installing_MediaPortal_2

GimpyGeek

September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the input. I noticed that Microsoft used the same file name for both the 2008 and the 2010 C++ files. So I probably just ignored one of them.
    However, the problem persists. Here is what I have tried so far:
    I uninstalled all the C++ redistributables (3 of them), then I uninstalled MP2. I downloaded and installed the three redistribuables one at a time. I rebooted and then installed MP2 again.
    Still no change.
    I can tell that MP2 is not communicating with the TV tuners, as the lights on them are not coming on.
    Any other advice?

GimpyGeek

September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    I did not. I uninstalled MP2 and installed MP1. It scanned the channels just fine, but I am having a heck of a time getting the TV guide working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom