Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

Can someone tell me what these basic options do under the Music Database:

"cover art embedded in files"
"create genre preview thumbs"
create artist preview thumbs"
"create missing folder.jpeg"

Is there anyway to use the picture which MP retrieves from the net under "Now Playing" as a artist icon under My Music?
Some of my songs do not have thumbnails and I would really like for them to have a picture of either the album which the song is from or if thats not available to have a picture of the artist.

Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    "cover art embedded in files":
    Mp3's have ID3 tags which store extra information about the track, like artist name and date, ect. a cover image can be inserted. Itunes does this for example

"create genre preview thumbs"
    A image is used for that genre, usualy based on a artist in that genre. The genres are read from the ID3 tags

"create artist preview thumbs""
    A image is used for that artist, based on a artistID3 tags. the audioscrobbler plugin has an option to auto download these images

"create missing folder.jpeg"
    If a cover art is found using the album art function, a folder.jpg is made in the folder

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/finally_theres_artist_image_grabber_available-t29263.html

Dandy

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How to extract the album cover form id3 tag??

Hi,
    i have most of the album arts stored in the mp3-file. MP does not show it, as I have nor folder.jpg in the album-folder. Is there a way to create a folder.jpg out of the id3-tag?

Tks:confused:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    i have most of the album arts stored in the mp3-file. MP does not show it, as I have nor folder.jpg in the album-folder. Is there a way to create a folder.jpg out of the id3-tag?
    There are a few freeware/shareware tools that can do this. My favorite so far is MP3tag. Also, if you enable "cover art embedded in files" as described above and rescan your files, Media Portal should do it for you, without the need of extra tools. You may need to set the date back or delete your existing music DB first, to make sure that Media Portal rescans everything. There is also an option in the configuration program under "Music - Music Database" called "cover art embedded in MP3 tags" which will presumably generate thumbnails directly from the images in the MP3 tags, without needing a folder.jpg. I haven't tried it, as I prefer to have the album cover in a separate file.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I can confirm that MP3tag is a great piece of software. Once you get to know the basics, you can maintain lots of mp3 tags with minimal effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom