Help getting IRSS to blast on system events... (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

So as I struggle to get my STB working with mediaportal (USB-UIRT), I have had some success and lots of failures. Current failure is with the translator responding to system events. I have tried to create rules for what to blast when PC suspends or resumes so that my TV set can be turned on or off, but when the event happens, the rules never get applyed. I can manually test the events and they work, but for some reason the translator isn't detecting system events (or what every part of IRSS that is suppose to detect system events). I'm not sure where or if there are logs with IRSS, but if someone can point me to them I'll post them.
    Here are some screen shots of what I have setup below.

Here are some interesting things

1) From within mediaportal I can blast channels and everything works
    2) from outside mediaportal I can blast commands to my TV, STB, and Sound Bar if I do it by opening the translator and clicking test by the macro or ir command that I want to test.
    3)it seems like the problem is with the detection of a system event. Maybe I need to turn on something so that the IRSS gets a message when the computer is suspending (sleeping)?
    4) If I go through the translator selection actions and pick and chose system standby the event actions do NOT acted upon by IRSS or the translator.

I have MCE standby tool, but am not sure how to use it in this case for trouble shooting or other.

I know that this forum isn't posted to much so I'll just hope someone has had this same problem and knows how to fix it.

Do I need to use event ghost or gridder instead to do things with system events?
    -S

Attachments

• IRSS Translator events.JPG
      IRSS Translator events.JPG
      60.1 KB
    • IRSS Translator events 1.JPG
      IRSS Translator events 1.JPG
      44.7 KB
    • IRSS Translator events 2.JPG
      IRSS Translator events 2.JPG
      33.1 KB
    • IRSS Translator events 3.JPG