HELP: how do you change the Font in the Skin? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi All,
Yes me again... I tried changing the fonts in the Font.xml file but that does not seem to have any effect?
I would alos like to change the position of the menu option in the start page. Any ideas which file(s) need to be changed?

THanks for this!!

A

Anonymous

never mind.. I cracked it... Home.xml

<description>template for panel in which all buttons should b fitted</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1002</id>
<posX>275</posX>
<posY>150</posY>
<width>300</width>
<height>275</height>

<texture>-</texture>

A

Anonymous

not thinking straight... Sorry still need to know how to change the fonts!
Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

funny..

Found it and changed the fonts ok but they do not show up always..?!

It seems to be OK when MP is Full screen Started but when in Window mode, not on all pages and not on the Start page for sure..

Anyway, I will post a mock up later on to get some feedback from all..

A

Anonymous

no one can tell me how to chnage the fonts?

Tried to change the fonts on the fonts.xml but it worked once (full screen) and then I cannot change it to something else or even back to what they where???

If anyone can help that would be great as this is driving me NUTS and I know how to do evrything else to Skin MP except this damn font thing..

help me from going MADDDD

ojo

Portal Member
September 19, 2004
Ulstrup, Denmark
I'm not sure this will work, but try this:

Under the skin folder in your MediaPortal folder, find your current skin. Under there you have a fonts folder. This is some sort of cache of fonts.

Stop MediaPortal
Find the folder
Delete the content (or maybe the folder)

Make sure you have the correct fonts.xml (edited or otherwise) in your skin directory.

Restart MediaPortal. This should work.

A

Anonymous

Ojo,

It is official: you are my new hero!!! If and when I finish my skin, remind me to name it after you :D

It worked.. deleted the content of the font folder and Voila.... worked perfect.. You are right it looks like a cahce of some sort. I checked the folder again and files are there. not all but I guess it gets filled up when you use MP module..

You are the Dude 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom