Help in configuring TS on RamDISK (1 Viewer)

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ciao,
    I've just purchased a bunch of RAM for my HTPC Server. With this new purchase I will have a 16 GB system and I am wondering if it make sense to move the TS files to a RamDisk. I have read the wiki and it gave me some good input but the parameter listed are not all the one available in the last MP release so I decided to see if somebody have some experience to share with me.

• I am running w7 64 bit and I think that I will use a free Ramdisk program that will allow only a 4GB ramdisk size. I have not found many free program that will allow a bigger size under w7
    • I have 4 DVB-T tuner, but honestly never are used all together. I can remember only once where while a channel was seen other 2 were recorded (but in this case TS is on?). Some times we see 2 TV channels at the same time.
    Which parameter (min file , max file, size,...) do you recommend me to use in the TS section?
    Thank you in advance. Ciao

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I can recommend IMDIsk as RAM; Disk Software. It's free, fast and has no limits as it's the only open source ramdisk soft available. And in my opinion it's the best.
    http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/
    I would choose around 12 GB as RAM Disk in your case...
    If you can read german here's a howto:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/imdisk-howto.106409/

Which parameter (min file , max file, size,...) do you recommend me to use in the TS section?
    Leave it at at default. This is working perfectly since ages here...

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok thank you. Sorry no german... which are the default paramter in your system? I played a bit and I do not have the original value loaded.

Thank you

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry, I must of skipped over that bit at the bottom with the command line options. Setup and working ok with the wiki :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom