Help mapping generic HID (1 Viewer)

Koenig

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I bought one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-4...lt&btsid=23d84e06-a8a4-400d-8a38-bb37385c834d

Its cheap and does what I want except for one (well two actually) thing....
The button on the upper left of the directional arrows, I want to map it so it opens "Context menu" when an item is selected and in fullscreen video I want to be able to get into the menu where I can selec subtitles and audiostreams.

According to HIDdemo the button registers as "Apps" when pushed, outside of mediaportal it brings up a contextmenu when pushed (just like a right click)
But I can't find any mapping to this command in the config of MediaPortal.

(Number two is that I would like the mediaplayerbutton to open MP instead of windows mediaplayer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That 'Apps' button I believe is the context menu button that's now being retired from many Windows keyboard. I believe you could achieve what you want to do but only with the latest MP1.16 pre-release since that's the first supporting full HID keyboard.

You'll need to enable full HID keyboard support and customise the full profile in Configuration.
    A bit of XML editing could be needed too.

There is an option in Configuration to disable WMC launch.

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wow!!

Thank you for such a quick and informative reply.
    I'll hold on for for a stable 1.16 release then and just map the function to one of the keys on the for now.

Thank you again!

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow!!

Thank you for such a quick and informative reply.
    I'll hold on for for a stable 1.16 release then and just map the function to one of the keys on the for now.

Thank you again!
    Our pre-release are usually rock solid and as far as I can tell this one is no exception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom