Help me or tutorial for MCE remote to work (1 Viewer)

squale1402

Portal Member
February 28, 2009
Hi,

I've installed Mediaportal, selected my skin and configured all plugins but now i have a big problem to control all of this because my MCE remote doesn't work any more :mad:

I've seen on this forum there's solutions for this problem but i don't really understand what to do to make this remote work.

Can i use Evenghost or Girder with the IR server suite and MCE replacement plugin ?
Should I have to install MCE replacement driver ?
Is there a tutorial for make this damm remote working ?? Or just a tutorial to install and set up IRSS and MCE replacement plugin ?

I'm really need help ...

Thanks

squale1402

Portal Member
February 28, 2009
No because my remote was working et now had stopped working....
Software ike Evenghost or Girder see the command when i push the touch of the remote but nothing happen in Mediaportal...

I'm on Vista 32bits

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No because my remote was working et now had stopped working.

Device manager\USB controllers, uninstall the ehome receiver, unplug the usb from pc, reboot, wait for Vista to fully load, insert usb.

MS MCE remote should now reinstall drivers and work.

squale1402

Portal Member
    February 28, 2009
    Ok i will try to use this method.
    Thanks

I don't know if you can answer me but i that works, can i use after Evenghost to define the buttons ?

lan

Portal Member
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I got my MCE remote to work perfect the first time I plug it in vista. But I need the MCE replacement plugin to make changes to the power button.

I’m running the newest plugin I could find: MCE Replacement Plugin – 1.4.2 RC1.zip. Vista and MP 1.0.0.0.
    I made a macro which is using “toggle input layer” but I keep getting this error: Cannot process unrecognized command "Toggle Input Layer"

Se the log

2009-03-05 20:14:28.576644 [Info.][GenericPCQueue]: * / -1 / BLAST / MACRO: POWER HOME
    2009-03-05 20:14:28.595644 [Info.][ProcessCommand]: Exception ystem.ArgumentException: Cannot process unrecognized command "Toggle Input Layer"
    Parameter name: command
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.ProcCommand(Obj ect commandObj)
    2009-03-05 20:14:28.603644 [Info.][ProcessCommand]: Exception :Cannot process unrecognized command "Toggle Input Layer"
    Parameter name: command
    2009-03-05 20:14:28.611644 [Info.][ProcessCommand]: site :Void ProcCommand(System.Object)
    2009-03-05 20:14:28.619644 [Info.][ProcessCommand]: source :MCEReplacement
    2009-03-05 20:14:28.628644 [Info.][ProcessCommand]: stacktrace: at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.ProcCommand(Obj ect commandObj)

squale1402

Portal Member
    February 28, 2009
    I've try something and that works :
    I've uninstalled the remote in panel control of vista, restarted my computer and let vista install again the original driver.
    I've activated the MCE plugin (the original one) in Mediaportal and I've installed Evenghost with the default plugins (i've stopped those i don't need). I add the plugin for MCE remote and I've made custom control that I need.
    Now everything works perfectly and I'm really happy.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom