Help me spec a UK-tailored HTPC? (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fast-forward is supported (use F5/F6) - with Win7 usually 'smooth' up to x4 then 'jumpy' to x32, depending on decoder/splitter/CPU/GPU performance.

Tony

me_sjo

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    Home Country
    No - audio is deliberately muted (because it sounds horrible when speeded up).

Tony

Thanks for the clarification. I've found this x2 feature on windows media centre very useful (for when wanting to flick through non-important recorded backlog). It's also been handy when going through some DVD's.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    If your TV server is crashing, run it in debug mode and post your logs on here and we'll be able to tell you what the issue is. Go to:

Start -> programs -> team mediaportal -> mediaportal -> MP debug mode

This will start MP. Recreate your crash and then close MP using ctrl+alt+del and your logs will be saved to desktop. If youre unable to shut MP this way due to the hang, use debug mode 3 after recovering the crash and your latest MP logs will be created that way.

me_sjo

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    Home Country
    If your TV server is crashing, run it in debug mode and post your logs on here and we'll be able to tell you what the issue is. Go to:

Start -> programs -> team mediaportal -> mediaportal -> MP debug mode

This will start MP. Recreate your crash and then close MP using ctrl+alt+del and your logs will be saved to desktop. If youre unable to shut MP this way due to the hang, use debug mode 3 after recovering the crash and your latest MP logs will be created that way.

Thanks. I was intending to do that, I hope my post above is not interpreted as a request for support :).. I have read the process for requesting support and intend to do so once i've finished configuring MP and still have issues :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    No - audio is deliberately muted (because it sounds horrible when speeded up).

Tony

Is the MP .xml code file tweakable to unmute the sound? and if so can you give a pointer as to where the relevant file/code is located please.

No - the muting is hardcoded into the software source code. If you are able to build MP from the sources then I can point you at the relevant files.

Why would you want to hear horrible screechy noises anyway ?

Tony

me_sjo

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Why would you want to hear horrible screechy noises anyway ?

Tony

Tony, on MCE they're not horrible screechy noises, they're time-stretched (or compressed as it would be), so it's pitch-correct but faster.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    OK - there's no way (that I know of) to do that in MP - it would need a special audio renderer to do the pitch changing.

MP has an *experimental* audio renderer -> here <- but I don't think it supports what would be needed (assuming the sound was un-muted in the source code as well).

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom