[Help] Mediportal Crashing. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Until this morning, everything was working absolutely fine.

I have been running MediaPortal 1.3.0.0 Alpha w/ StreamedMP 1.8.0.3157 and MovingPictures 1.3 for a few weeks and no issues whatsoever.

This morning I decided to update StreamedMP to their latest 1.8.1.3172, and right after that MediaPortal would crash during startup. Simple stating "MediaPortal is not responding". I immideately reverted back to StreamedMP 1.8.0.3157 which has been workiing fine for weeks --- however --- MediaPortal is still crashing. I can't get it to work again.

Logs are attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello luci5r

I think your Moving Pictures SQLite DB is corrupted:
    2012-10-19 10:27:23.117390 [ERROR][MediaInfo Updater(20)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:bind or column index out of range query:select title, alternate_titles, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, studios, score, popularity, date_added, runtime, imdb_id, originaldirectoryname, primary_source, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, mpsid, id from movie_info where id = 348
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.491097 [ERROR][MediaInfo Updater(20)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select title, alternate_titles, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, studios, score, popularity, date_added, runtime, imdb_id, originaldirectoryname, primary_source, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, mpsid, id from movie_info where id = 349
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.502098 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select * from ImportPathes order by ID
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.507098 [ERROR][MediaInfo Updater(20)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select movie_info_id from local_media__movie_info where local_media_id=342
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.516099 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select * from ImportPathes order by ID
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.517099 [ERROR][Minor Launch Tasks Thread(22)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.523099 [ERROR][Minor Launch Tasks Thread(22)]: Exception :confused:ystem.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.add_ObjectUpdated(ObjectAffectedDelegate value)
    at Cornerstone.Tools.Search.AbstractSearcher`1.BuildDynamicIndex()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.InitSearchIndexes()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.<startBackgroundTasks>b__1()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This may be causing a memory leak that is crashing MP.

It is possible that the upgrade is not reversible.

I suspect you will have to delete the database file to fix the problem.

mm

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hello luci5r

I think your Moving Pictures SQLite DB is corrupted:
    2012-10-19 10:27:23.117390 [ERROR][MediaInfo Updater(20)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:bind or column index out of range query:select title, alternate_titles, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, studios, score, popularity, date_added, runtime, imdb_id, originaldirectoryname, primary_source, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, mpsid, id from movie_info where id = 348
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.491097 [ERROR][MediaInfo Updater(20)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select title, alternate_titles, sortby, directors, writers, actors, year, genres, certification, language, tagline, summary, studios, score, popularity, date_added, runtime, imdb_id, originaldirectoryname, primary_source, alternatecovers, coverfullpath, coverthumbfullpath, backdropfullpath, details_url, mpsid, id from movie_info where id = 349
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.502098 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select * from ImportPathes order by ID
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.507098 [ERROR][MediaInfo Updater(20)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select movie_info_id from local_media__movie_info where local_media_id=342
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.516099 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:NOMEM detailed:eek:ut of memory query:select * from ImportPathes order by ID
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.517099 [ERROR][Minor Launch Tasks Thread(22)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-10-19 10:27:35.523099 [ERROR][Minor Launch Tasks Thread(22)]: Exception :confused:ystem.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.add_ObjectUpdated(ObjectAffectedDelegate value)
    at Cornerstone.Tools.Search.AbstractSearcher`1.BuildDynamicIndex()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.InitSearchIndexes()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.<startBackgroundTasks>b__1()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This may be causing a memory leak that is crashing MP.

It is possible that the upgrade is not reversible.

I suspect you will have to delete the database file to fix the problem.

mm

mm,

Thanks for the response. I suspected this to be the case - the MovingPictures db has given me (and from what I can see, quite a few other people) headaches like this in the past. Especially with upgrades & such. I'll delete the db today and see if that works.

Thanks.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Here's what's going on now ---

The MovingPictures Database is definitely the issue. I replaced the current "corrupted" db3 with an old backup and MediaPortal launched flawlessly. No problems. That said, I must point out that the latest version of StreamedMP (1.8.1) still didn't work --- the Basic Home Editor kept crashing; however MediaPortal itself continued to work fine. So I uninstalled StreamedMP 1.8.1 and re-installed the older version, StreamedMP 1.8.0 ... and both MediaPortal & StreamedMP Editor started working absolutely fine.

Here's the problem now --- The MovingPictures "Configuration" isn't working. Basically it's getting stuck at "Retrieving Possible Matches". I've had this problem before because of a corrupted db3 database. At that time i had to use an even older backup & everything had worked. This time I've tried an even older backup and it still doesn't work. I finally resorted to deleting my MovingPictures db3 Database altogether and let it create a new one. STILL it doesn't work. Same problem. Stuck at "Retrieving possible matches". No matter what I do - I can't get MovingPictures to add new titles to the database.

I understand that this is outside the scope of the 'MediaPortal' application support because MediaPortal (And StreamedMP) are both working fine -- it's the MovingPictures Plugin that isn't. While I'm gong to open a support thread in the MovingPictures plugin forum ---- I had one question ...

Is there a decent alternate to MovingPictures? I really like MovingPictures and all, but over the last year it's given me a lot of trouble. The db3 database seems to get corrupted at every little sneeze & cough. Is there an alternate I can consider?

Thanks.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Basically it's getting stuck at "Retrieving Possible Matches"
    Did you check the Regex Noise Filter again??
    Reference topic: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/stuck-on-retrieving-possible-matches.110065/

Is there a decent alternate to MovingPictures? I really like MovingPictures and all, but over the last year it's given me a lot of trouble. The db3 database seems to get corrupted at every little sneeze & cough. Is there an alternate I can consider?
    MyVideos will look VERY good in 1.3Beta ;)

** EDIT **
    For the ease of things, let's continue this discussion in 1 place:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/stuck-at-retrieving-possible-matches.113331/

Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Basically it's getting stuck at "Retrieving Possible Matches"
    Did you check the Regex Noise Filter again??
    Reference topic: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/stuck-on-retrieving-possible-matches.110065/

MyVideos will look VERY good in 1.3Beta ;)

** EDIT **
    For the ease of things, let's continue this discussion in 1 place:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/stuck-at-retrieving-possible-matches.113331/

Agreed -- I'm hopping there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom