Help, movie shows up as just (Extended) instead of the actual name. (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
This has been happening since I updated to the current MP and StreamedMP+Moving Pictures, I have a file named:

Movie (Extended) (2013).mkv

..and in Moving Pictures, it shows up as simply "(Extended)" how'd I fix this to show the name at least. It never used to do this before no matter what I named the file names.

In previous versions, this file would have shown up in Moving Pictures as "Movie (Extended)"

Any help/advice, please?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Check to ensure your advanced noise filter setting did not get corrupted. Otherwise you will have to provide at least DEBUG verbosity enabled log files that contain the problem (you would have to re-import the movie in question), or it is looking for a needle in a haystack.

Alternative solution would be to switch to IMDb+, which actually had build in support for special edition tags like that, including (3D), (Director's Cut), etc. as well as custom tags that you can put in anything you want.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You might have stumbled on an IMDb+ bug then. Really need those log files then to know what is happening, or at least an exact filename so I can see if I can duplicate the problem.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    Off the top of my head as I'm not at home at the minute: "Now You See Me (Extended) (2013).mkv"

I always put the year in the filename but in this instance the (Extended) has caused issues.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ supports special editions (and yes this can be disabled with IMDb+ option 'global_options_special_edition')

Your "Now You See Me (Extended) (2013).mkv" would import via IMDb+ as "Now You See Me (Extended)" with the above setting enabled, so you know what version it is inside your movie list, incase you also have 3D, Theatrical Edition, Director's Cut, etc. versions of the same movie.

I just imported the same file on my test box and I get:

21-Mar-2014 16:09:18 Info [ MovieImporter]: Added "Now You See Me (Extended)" (2013).​

Now you might not want to bother with this and just disable special editions, but I would really like to know why it failed for you and fix any bug that might exist that only comes forward under weird circumstances. Let me know if you are interested in that, because it requires you to run into a special debug mode, so you can provide me with a large 1MB log file.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    If you can send me instructions on what to do to get this log file I can give it a shot, but I'm flying out tomorrow and will have a limited window to do this for you, else I can do this when I'm back I a week.

Otherwise I will test disabling the special editions option. Is that within MP itself or in the moving pictures confit client?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You disable it within the IMDb+ plugin. So MePo GUI -> Plugins -> IMDb+ -> locate the setting and toggle it from on to off.

To fix it you have to send the file back to the importer, a refresh might not be enough (actually try to send it back to the importer before you adjust the IMDb+ setting, as it might have been a temporary bug with the IMDb website during import).

And just give me a shout when you return, since it works for me, it explains why I did not get flooded with users complaining, so there is less rush on fixing it..

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    And just give me a shout when you return, since it works for me, it explains why I did not get flooded with users complaining, so there is less rush on fixing it..
    I have set the option in the GUI for "Special Editions Rename Tagging Support" to off and reimporting via the Moving Pictures config page seems to have done the trick. It did only work after reimporting though.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom