Help, My MediaPortal Suddenly Stopped Displaying TV with All but MPV Codec (1 Viewer)

pjw29

Portal Member
March 31, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 2
Windows Version: XP Home
CPU Type: Intel Celron M
HDD: Lots
Memory: 512MB
Video Card: SiS M661MX
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: Realtech AC97
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova T Stick SE
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV (But Want The Others To Work)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA

Hi, My MediaPortal was working fine, i could do everything on it. It had taken me a long time to get it perfect but for 4 months it worked without a glitch, i could watch TV using the DScalar codec. Then i installed the latest drivers for my graphics card and all the codecs stopped working excpet MPV, which doesnt do a very good job, I re-installed mediaportal to a clean directory and tried again, and it still won't work, i have managed to get it to work once, this was when i tried using the Project Mayhem III skin. I have no idea why this happend. How can i make all the codecs work again?

PS. I have always been able to hear the audio!

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Then i installed the latest drivers for my graphics card and all the codecs stopped working!

Isn't the solution to un-install these graphics card drivers and roll back to the previous drivers that did work?

pjw29

Portal Member
    March 31, 2007
    I have clean installed the Release Candidate and that didnt work, then i re tryed 0.2.2.0 and that worked, sort of, i have got it working just about and I have no idea how. Im just not gonna touch any settings ever again. Is there any way to save all the settings as they are to later "roll back" to if it all goes wrong again?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    If you have Win XP then it has a pretty good built in "system restore" function.

There's no simple way to roll back fro driver issues or codec issues if the "driver rollback" function in windows fails. Did that fail?

Otherwise, ghosting your machine is a good option, but you'll lose all up to date guide data and recroding history, etc. Although you can restore the database, but it's all getting a bit complicated with no simple solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom