Help needed! My HTPC dream is turning into a nightmare! (1 Viewer)

bcummins

Portal Member
January 12, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all. Genuine thanks to all for the support I've received in this thread and forum in general, especially robbo. Unfortunately, the whole experience hasn't quite worked out as I'd hoped.
First off, I couldn't get the remote I'd purchased working at all. I installed the relevant plugin and tried mapping keys and the system simply wouldn't recognise them.
Secondly, my DVB-S2 card, whilst at one time was working and able to scan channels is now listed as "unknown" by the tv server and I can't get it back despite attempts to reinstall MP and resintall the drivers.
I have spent the best part of two days trying to fix these issues and in all my years of system building and configuration have never come across so many issues as I have trying to set up this HTPC. I am more than likely doing something wrong due to gaps in my knowledge on this kind of thing, but given the frustration it's caused I think I'm just going to sell the equipment and get a popcorn hour device instead, and keep my freesat box!
I am sure MP is a good package, it's a shame tho that'll I'll now never have cause to use it!
Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom