Help on getting mediaportal fast (1 Viewer)

AndreasTh

February 2, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have an asrock ION330HT with mediaportal 1.2.2

I mainly run MP-Tvseries (250 episodes in DB) and Moving Pictures (200 movies in DB). I'd like to change the default skin but all of the skins i've tried as reallt slow when navigating. Is there a lightning fast skin out there och is there something i can try to make the skin act faster?

Also it takes about 20 seconds for mediaportal to start. When choosing skins like Avalon it takes almost twice that long. Is there something i can do to improve this?

I love mediaportal and have tried several other mediacenters but mediaportal has exactly the functionality i want, but is also by far the slowest I tried.

So It would be helpful if someone could give med some pointers on how to make mediaportal as fast as it deserves on my HTPC.

:D

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have an asrock ION330HT with mediaportal 1.2.2

I mainly run MP-Tvseries (250 episodes in DB) and Moving Pictures (200 movies in DB). I'd like to change the default skin but all of the skins i've tried as reallt slow when navigating. Is there a lightning fast skin out there och is there something i can try to make the skin act faster?

Also it takes about 20 seconds for mediaportal to start. When choosing skins like Avalon it takes almost twice that long. Is there something i can do to improve this?

I love mediaportal and have tried several other mediacenters but mediaportal has exactly the functionality i want, but is also by far the slowest I tried.

So It would be helpful if someone could give med some pointers on how to make mediaportal as fast as it deserves on my HTPC.

:D

Hi,

it would be nice if you could tell us on which system specs Mediaportal is running on. Maybe your system is too slow.

AndreasTh

February 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry ..

Here comes the specs.

CPU: Intel Atom 330 1.6GHz
    Memory: 2GB
    Graphics: Nvidia ION

What did you choose instead?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd also add that when I added a SSD to my ION330 client it did help quite a bit in speeding up things....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom