Help Request in Custom Skin Development (1 Viewer)

Do you use the TV section of MP?

• Total voters

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was working on some skins some time ago but never released one, mainly because I don't have a TV service and thus don't use that aspect of MP. I am thinking of picking this up again because I think the community deserves to have a skin made by me. Haha! Seriously though, how can I go about styling the TV section? Is this even necessary in a skin? Do a lot of people use this? If so, can I trick MP into thinking I have a tuner card or can I access this section without actually having the hardware?

Also, is it okay to include various plugins with a skin or do you need explicit permission from the authors?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi TE5LA,
    well , i think as long as you add a note with skin relies ,that current version of the relies not support tv section , you will not have any problem with that .
    as i sure if users will like the skin ,i'm sure some will help to skin tv section. ;)
    and sure is okay to include any plugin skin file with your skin , it's expected to be add to new skins ..:)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there was a plugin that let you have fake tv channels in the tv section, and they were populated by random videos from your mytvseries / moving pictures database. not sure if it still works and i can't remember the name.

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies. I found that I can install the TV server without a card and at least go to the page. I'll look for that plugin to populate the server. The skin idea I am planning to undertake may be beyond my abilities. I am basically hacking out the code as I go. Is an XML editor worth using for this?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I use Microsoft's XML Notepad 2007. It's free and I like being able to use multiple copies and drag-copy code across xmls. Others use Notepad++ (don't remember exactly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom