Help selecting hybrid TV card (1 Viewer)

Lily

Portal Member
November 29, 2005
HVR-1300

I'm about to go an purchase the HVR-1300, does any body have any known issue on the analgoue part? Will all the feature such as recording and timshifting work? Will this card continue support in future MP release? Especially the analogue part.

Spif

Portal Member
January 10, 2006
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a HVR-1300. I only use the analog part of it. I get my video feed via the composite input on the card and have an external box that controls the channels.

The timeshifting and recording works well. I don't think the picture quality is great. Colors and not that good. When receiving TV via the tuner maybe the quality is better, I have not tried that.

If I would by a card now I would go with the PVR-150 and then get another card for DVB. The price is about the same and I think it is better to have 2 cards than 1.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Back to the first part Lilly which part of Lifeview you could not get working as my Duo (analogue/Digital) works fine ok not interested in analogue really just nice too have the option as always use freeview anyway if thats your problem maybe you need an ariel/cable upgrade. unfortunately this is one thing we take for granted that the thing on the roof will last forever believe me they DON'T as i had 2 fitted within 4 years after getting a very degraded signal.

Ray 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom