Help setting up HVR-1955 remote & blaster on MP (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I will order USB-UIRT.
I emailed them and they said the driver works with Windows 10 64bit.
Do you know if in comes with 2 blaster cables?
It will be a few days before i get it, is there anything i need to setup in MP/TV server before installing the USB-UIRT, if not i will post again after i get it installed.

EDIT: does the HVR-1955 need to be hooked up with the composite connections with the USB-UIRT option.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I will order USB-UIRT.
    Nice.

Do you know if in comes with 2 blaster cables?
    I'm fairly sure it does not. There is a high powered blaster housed inside the USB-UIRT unit. If you find that's not sufficient, the external connector enables you to connect either a stereo blaster cable (ie. a cable with two emitters on the end) or a stereo splitter + two blaster cables. These are not expensive.

It will be a few days before i get it, is there anything i need to setup in MP/TV server before installing the USB-UIRT, if not i will post again after i get it installed.
    You could install IRSS if you want. Make sure to select the appropriate options in the installer to get the TVE 3 Blaster plugin installed.

EDIT: does the HVR-1955 need to be hooked up with the composite connections with the USB-UIRT option.
    No. However, the SchedulesDirect plugin can't automatically create channels for an RF/coax channel lineup, so there's that to be considered.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I went to the download repository and downloaded "IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.5.0.62" unfortunately after installing when i tried to enter MP configuration it caused an error (MPcontroler.DLL incompatible with this version of MP) but i found (IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.5.0.116) in the IRSS section of the forum and it stopped the error when entering MP configuration.

Sense i'm getting this shiny new USB-UIRT receiver/blaster i want to get the remote working in MP too, i would appreciate any help if needed setting it up.
    Is the documentation in the Wiki for IRSS still good for setting up a remote?

I noticed that the Hauppauge CIR is still showing up in Windows device manager. I did remove the Hauppauge IR32.exe and irblast.exe programs, the ir receiver is built into the HVR-1955, i hope that having another ir receiver attached wont cause any issue in windows.

No. However, the SchedulesDirect plugin can't automatically create channels for an RF/coax channel lineup, so there's that to be considered.

I have already recreated my channels so i can record through the EPG, i use EPGBuddy to scrape TVguide and XMLTV plugin to populate the EPG then point the created channels to channel 3 in the details of the channel. i map the created channel to the card i want to record with then when i record off the EPG,
    MP shows the recording being on the channel i selected in the EPG, but the TV server is actually recording channel 3. I just have to remember to turn the STB to the correct channel at the right time. lol

I am hoping to be able to change the channel details of the already created channels to the channel details of the scanned channels after getting the blaster working if possible.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Ok i have the USB-UIRT installed.

I edited the channels i created earlier so they pointed to the channel number that i use on the STB remote in the channel configuration tab and the details tab. Like 328 points to 328 instead of 3

I went in to the IRSS configuration and clicked the detect button and the USB-UIRT boxes got ticked.
    The IRSS server restarted when i exited. I went to the TV3 blaster TVserver plugin and enabled it and restarted TV server.

I'm not sure about what to do next the Wiki isn't clear to me on what order to do things which is understandable considering the different things the IRSS is able to do.

My STB isn't on the list of STBs so i assumed the next thing to do was to go to the IR commands tab and learn the STB remote buttons.

I clicked the new button and named the first command 1 held the remote close to the USB-UIRT receiver then clicked the learn button and hit the #1 button on the remote the light on the USB-UIRT receiver blinked but the box said failed to learn.

Am i doing something wrong or out of order

EDIT: I saw this"You will need to create channels for the Set Top Box channels you want the plugin to handle. They must be marked as "External" and given a channel number to be used by the plugin. This can be done in TV Server Configuration > TV Channels." in the Wiki, but i don't see where to mark them as "External" in TV Server Configuration > TV Channels or in the channel details?

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Ok after a restart things started working, In the TV3 blaster plugin the Motorola DTC 2000 works with the Motorola DTC 700 too.
    In the TV3 blaster plugin in the TV server in the STB setup all the channels are working, But in MP i can only tune to channel 3 or channels that have 3 digits, also when recording it has the same behavior no 1 or 2 digit channels except channel 3.
    In the TV3 blaster plugin in the TV server in the STB setup I have tried changing the channel min number from simple to 3 but neither setting changes the outcome.

I think i'm stuck logs attached

Attachments

• MP_TVELogs_06_02_18__12_38.zip
      1.4 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya

Just a quick note to say I've seen your updates but been away from home on business for the last two days (=> no opportunity to respond). I'll try to find time to respond over the next few days as I catch up with everything.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I put a cable splitter after the DTC 700 STB and hooked up a coaxial cable to the coaxial input on the TV to see if the DTC 700 STB was tuning the 1 and 2 digit channels.
    I used a remote desktop program and changed the channels on the computer in the MP EPG while watching the TV hooked directly to the STB and every channel tuned correctly.

So it looks like the channel on STB is being changed with IRSS correctly.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Ok i hooked up the HVR 1955 to the DTC 700 STB with the composite connection and edited the channels to use the composite connection and it works on the 1 and 2 digit channels now.

The composite connection on the HVR 1955 is for a VCR or DVD so no channel changes are needed with that interface so apparently the HVR 1955 needs a 3 digit channel number to work.

Channel 3 did work before i changed from the coaxial connection to the composite connection between the DTC 700 STB and the HVR 1955 i think maybe channel 3 is the default so it worked?

Is this going to be a problem with the HVR 955Q card?
    The Cisco DTA30 STB the HVR 955Q is connected to has no composite connection.

Is there a way to have the TV server send a 3 digit number to the HVR 955Q card and IRSS blast the correct number to the DTA30 STB, if that is the problem?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I have the The Cisco DTA30 STB thats hooked up to HVR 955Q working with IRSS but have that same problem, it also wont tune to any 1 or 2 digit numbered channels.

Logs below, there were 2 zip files not sure if the same or not.

Attachments

• MP_TVELogs_11_02_18__11_00.zip
      1.8 MB
    • MP_TVELogs_11_02_18__11_01.zip
      1.8 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom