Help Skin the Moving Pictures GUI Importer (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ah, just found it! THX! I was always looking into the context menu with F9 - now I found clicking on the list entry invokes the menu I was looking for ;)
    BTW Nice work this helps a lot when movies aren´t imported correctly ;)

Yeah, I thought I had to click F9 as well, it's a bit non-intuitive IMHO. Would be great if F9 did the same as just clicking.

Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the feedback guys. This shouldn't affect skin design but here is a new build (above links should work fine too). This corrects the page number on the list spinner and this combines the two menus into a single menu that is trigger via either action.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the complete MovingPictures xml (including MovieImporter GUI) and some screenshots for DefaultWide :p
    The next days I will deliver the Default skin files as well ;)

23-39-31.jpg 23-39-36.jpg 23-39-45.jpg

Attachments

• MovingPictures DefaultWide.zip
      16.7 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Many many thanks catavolt! Looks great and I have added your current version of these files to the Moving Pictures installer. If you want commit access to the Moving Pictures repository where we store our Default and DefaultWide skin shoot me a PM.

To everyone, I have posted another build, this one fixes some skin properties that are sometimes not initialized. It also adds a new launch parameter to jump into a category based on it's translated name, however I urge you all not to use this.

EDIT: Sorry, here is a better explanation on the launch parameter thing. Linking to a category by name is bad because if the user changes the name of a category then your link breaks. This is a WAF thing, you dont want your basic home to break after you tweak your categories. Linking by name can be useful as a last resort though, which is why I added this new launch parameter. So if you have to link to a category from your basic home (or wherever) by category name okay... but just be aware that this is not reliable.

Last edited:

alegend

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2011
    maybe someone can tell me why the label of the movie importer isnt named MOVIE IMPORTER here...
    it is called
    #MovingPictures.Translation.Importer

but only under TITAN SKIN....in default wide it is named correctly...
    i tried to unzip the skin folder again but no change...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    maybe someone can tell me why the label of the movie importer isnt named MOVIE IMPORTER here...
    it is called
    #MovingPictures.Translation.Importer

but only under TITAN SKIN....in default wide it is named correctly...
    i tried to unzip the skin folder again but no change...
    This thread is for collaborating on skin design, if you need support you should create a post in either the Moving Pictures or Titan subforums. Also keep in mind this is still alpha software intended for developers.

All that said, the skin files distributed in Titan Extended (released today with MePo 1.3 RC) have the correct label of #MovingPictures.Translation.Importer.Label. I don't know of an old version that had the problem you are describing but my guess is you could solve your problem by installing Titan Extended.

Last edited:

alegend

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2011
    ah sorry...i didnt know that!
    ...but u helped me a lot.
    although i already have installed 1.3rc and titan extended it didnt work!
    I just downloaded extended again and it works now!
    BIGTHX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom