HELP: Translation of genres needed for DE/ES/FR/IT/PT (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, so 'Short' is indeed a genre they use at IMDb, so will add it once I got all 5 languages:

DE = Kurzfilm
    ES =
    FR =
    IT =
    PT =​

Now for "Film-Noir", it makes no difference to me what IMDb+ ends up using. Does IMDb even put any effort forward to continue the work they started with the localized sites? I mean they had a perfectly functioning imdb.de website with German language support and then they not only killed it, but they did not even bother migrating the data at first, except Title. I thought it was just a slow process, but too much time has gone by now for that theory.

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok, so 'Short' is indeed a genre they use at IMDb, so will add it once I got all 5 languages:

DE = Kurzfilm
    ES =
    FR =
    IT =
    PT =​

Now for "Film-Noir", it makes no difference to me what IMDb+ ends up using. Does IMDb even put any effort forward to continue the work they started with the localized sites? I mean they had a perfectly functioning imdb.de website with German language support and then they not only killed it, but they did not even bother migrating the data at first, except Title. I thought it was just a slow process, but too much time has gone by now for that theory.

e.g for short (PT) = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1885182/
    Short = Curta Metragem

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, I'll just go with Google translate on this:
    • DE = Kurzfilm
    • ES = Película corta
    • FR = Court Métrage
    • IT = Cortometraggio
    • PT = Curta Metragem
    It will be part of v4.9.29 after I fix some more things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom