Help: updating blackmyst 4x3 mod (1 Viewer)

Slyder0244

Portal Member
February 22, 2005
i've been trying to update my skin mod so that it will work with 0.2 rc2 but i've run into some roadblocks and would love it if i could get some help

-i'd like to make the file listing the default control whenever you enter a screen but it seems to keep getting stuck on one of the buttons in the topbar

-i can't get the weather plugin to show up when i try to enter it from the home screen

-i've searched thru the xml files and can't find what graphic is used in the epg so i could change it as their were complaints about it in the last version when they didn't use genre colors

-a dark tint goes over the screen when i bring up the osd when playing a video, this appears to happen on other skins i tried as well so i'm not sure if that's just something to do with mp and not specific to blackmyst mod

-also somethings linger in the topbar (example my trailers) and i'd like to know if their is a way to fix that

here is a link to the unfinished skin so you can see what needs to be fixed or maybe find more things for me to attempt to fix http://rapidshare.de/files/11226734/BlackMyst_4x3_Update.rar.html

thanx for the help

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i'd like to make the file listing the default control whenever you enter a screen but it seems to keep getting stuck on one of the buttons in the topbar
    check for the id tag in the listcontrol (its usually, but not always 50)...at the top of the xml page there should be a tag defaultcontrol...put that id number in that tag.

i can't get the weather plugin to show up when i try to enter it from the home screen
    I had this problem once and solved it by putting the day.png and night.png in the animations folder within the media folder. These are the images for the geoclock in the weather section. Not necessarily the problem, but a possibility. I can't remember how much the code for the weather page has changed, but if worse comes to worse you could always take the xml from one of the default skins, copy it into yours and make the changes you want from there. I've had to do that from time to time.

i've searched thru the xml files and can't find what graphic is used in the epg so i could change it as their were complaints about it in the last version when they didn't use genre colors
    i think the files you are looking for start with tvguide_button_ then have other things in the name to distinguish them...tvguide_button_left.png, tvguide_button_light_left.png, etc. should be about 9 or so images between the light, dark and selected images.

hope this was a little useful, good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom