Help using the TV-Guide dialog in a project (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys I hope someone can fast track my research in using the TV-guide in a project I want to try, all I'm wanting to do is populate all the details in the guide. I tried hunting around the source code but Its quite big and I didn't know where the dialog is even called from. Could someone please give me a tip where to look. :)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if using xmltv then tvguide.xml prior to import?
    I'm really not sure, Not too many properties to set in there. Unless its an array of properties. Kinda think I need to explore the workings of if or find an example. Bit over my head at the moment, or I'm just over tired :sleep:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Do you mean this?
    Code:
    TVUtil.SetGentleConfigFile();
    IList<Program> allprograms = Program.ListAll();

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That could be it, will have to start some code and see how I'll do it. Cheers

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you want a project why don't you take over my custom tv-server thumbnailer plugin. It would be cool if someone could make it into an actual plugin for tv-server.

I programmed it all in .batch so it's quite ugly and could do being professionalized....

After recording ends it gets trigged
    Looks in a special folder to see if already existing image for show using %showname%.jpg
    Otherwise searches internet for thumbnail and uses fanart.tv "thumb" or thetvdb background fanart (shrunk)
    If it finds image then it stores it in the special folder for any future recordings.
    If no tvshow image can either use a special folder containing images for each channel or can create a screenshot thumbnail from the video.
    User can replace images in the special folders if wanting to use custom image.

The plugin could be expanded so that it also supports running handbrake on the recording (if recording not deleted after X days and there is no episode management set to delete the recording), compressing it into a .mp4 file (takes 1/3rd the size), and then changing the tvserver database to point to the .mp4 file instead of the .ts file.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tom-rec-tv-thumbs-better-h264-support.113415/

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...TV-Server_Plugins/TVServer_Thumbnailer_Script

At the moment the internet lookups is broken, I have to fix it as something happened to the scripts I was using.

Last edited:

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I haven't done much playing around in the TV-Server, If there's enough documentation for it in the wiki I could possibly do something for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom