Help wit MCE Remote Buttons (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Got the European MCE Remote, 4 coloured buttons at the bottom. Looks exactly as it is displayed in Configuration -> Remotes.
    So i asume it is the MCE 2005 remote. Right?

Here's my problem.
    Looking at the code in RemotePlugins\MCE2005Remote, i find the handling of buttons like: Radio, Messenger, My Pictures, My Videos and My Music.
    However i can't find those buttons at the remote at all.

I don't have the IR Remote receiver connected, because i'm using the IRTrans in my PC and i want to add IRTrans support to MP.

All the other buttons work already perfect, however i have no clue what to do with the buttons mentioned above.

Could anyone with a MCE2005 remote help me?

thx,

Helmut

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

The code you were looking at was the code for the MCE keyboard, not the remote. AFAIK only the keyboard has those keys.

From the european remote, I only use the lower left and lower right button. The lower left button is used to switch between full screen and windowed video mode, the lower right for toggling between the different zoom modes for fullscreen TV. Personally I hardly ever use the other two buttons in between, because they're hard to reach anyway... So, I can't remember what function they have... ;-)

EDIT: I'm @ work right now so I can't try what they are assigned to, but I could try when @ home.

Kind regards,
    Michel

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Michel,

that clears everything.
    Didn't think about the keyboard. :D
    Will however implement that stuff, just in case someone wants to use the keyboard with IRTrans.

Yellow is for Context menu.
    Haven't found what the second button from left, the green, is for. Would be glad if you could test it at home and update the thread.

thanks,

Helmut

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi Helmut,

I just tried, and the little green button next to the lower left button has the same function as the "start" or "green" button on the center of the remote. It just takes you to the home screen of MediaPortal.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom