Help with an odd bug please. (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi guys. I have an odd bug that I can't pin down.

I upgraded from MP 1.15 to 1.16. Then found that Online videos and wifi remote were not supported. Deal breakers for me, So reinstalled/reverted back to 1.15 using its installer.
Since then, when ever a video is not playing,Either paused playback or sitting on Home screen, I get a popup keep coming up asking to insert Disc/DVD.

It never used to do this. I do not have Auto import of DVDs set in moving pictures, and I have the DVD drive in config/videos unselected. So I cant think of anything that should be calling this up.

I have also had a few random crashes lately, So I have attaced the latest error log to this post. Hopefully it makes some Sense.

For additional info, I use StreamedMP with M3rcurys Mod to give more screen space + his DVD art plugin.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Then found that Online videos and wifi remote were not supported.
    ...but this is false. :confused:
    The latest versions of these plugins are compatible.

OnlineVideos v2.3.0.0 is attached to the first post here:
    OnlineVideos 2.2.0.0 [2016/05/31]

WifiRemote is also compatible:
    WifiRemote

So I cant think of anything that should be calling this up.
    To me it looks like it's the MP-TVSeries plugin.
    Please use Watchdog option 1 (ie. disable all 3rd party plugins) to reproduce the problem. If you can't reproduce the problem in that mode, it's because a 3rd party plugin such as MP-TVSeries is causing the problem.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    ...but this is false. :confused:
    The latest versions of these plugins are compatible.

OnlineVideos v2.3.0.0 is attached to the first post here:
    OnlineVideos 2.2.0.0 [2016/05/31]

WifiRemote is also compatible:
    WifiRemote

To me it looks like it's the MP-TVSeries plugin.
    Please use Watchdog option 1 (ie. disable all 3rd party plugins) to reproduce the problem. If you can't reproduce the problem in that mode, it's because a 3rd party plugin such as MP-TVSeries is causing the problem.

I may try 1.16 again later if thats the case. But when I first installed it on the day of release MP disabled both of those on first run. But ideally I would like to get to the bottom of my issue first...

I have done as you requested and used Watchdog option 1. Left MP on the home screen, and in around 5 mins or so it popped up asking for a disc.
    I have attached the logs.
    Thanks.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    change your screensaver settings in configuration, the disc pops up on purpose;)

Code:
    [2017-05-09 21:03:32,525] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: The user activity timeout has elapsed with no interaction from the user
    [2017-05-09 21:04:03,635] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: Idle timer is setting the screensaver application after 300 seconds of inactivity

[2017-05-09 21:04:03,978] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - SelectDVDHandler: ShowSelectDriveDialog - Plz Insert Disk
    [2017-05-09 21:04:04,010

Attachments

• screensaver disc.PNG
      screensaver disc.PNG
      33.6 KB
    • screensaver off.PNG
      screensaver off.PNG
      34.6 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But when I first installed it on the day of release MP disabled both of those on first run.
    Of course; this is normal. Sometimes MP changes/updates are not compatible with the plugin versions that you have installed at the time. This will cause those plugins to be disabled as you saw. The solution is simply to install plugin updates as well.

change your screensaver settings in configuration, the disc pops up on purpose;)
    Mmmm, it does seem possible that it's connected to that. This may mean that the cause is that Windows is notifying MP that a disc has been inserted at that time.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country

Code:
    [2017-05-09 21:03:32,525] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: The user activity timeout has elapsed with no interaction from the user
    [2017-05-09 21:04:03,635] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: Idle timer is setting the screensaver application after 300 seconds of inactivity

[2017-05-09 21:04:03,978] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - SelectDVDHandler: ShowSelectDriveDialog - Plz Insert Disk
    [2017-05-09 21:04:04,010

That was the cause. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom