Help with Audio Sync (1 Viewer)

trudd

November 5, 2005
I have a problem with audio sync, and I think I know what's causing it just wondered if any one had a solution.

When I record TV - if there is a slight glitch in the reception (Probably from my aerial) The video is fine played back on the computer - just a glitch during playback nothing major. But when I burn it to a DVD the audio gets out of sync after a while. I think this is because the glitches in the video are removed or skipped when rendered to a DVD, but the audio track is'nt. I've tried removing the video and burning it as a seperate audio track witht he video but still no luck.
I know this sounds daft - but is there a way for the audio to be locked to the picture so if there is a glitch both the vid and audio stay in sync??

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hi,

You might want to give VideoReDo a try - it claims to be able to keep the video and audio in sync, particularly from recorded TV programs with "glitches" in them. There is a trial version of VideoRedo available to download.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, Dont know where this problem comes from but.. After I pause a video the audio gets out of sync. Seems to happens every time. If I press rewind(15sec) the audio is then in sync again, so that is a workaround. But Is there something that makes MP not sync after a pause/start, that indeed happens when seeking/rewinding? Thanks.
    Hi, Dont know where this problem comes from but.. After I pause a video the audio gets out of sync. Seems to happens every time. If...
    Hi, Dont know where this problem comes from but.. After I pause a video the audio gets out of sync. Seems to happens every time. If...
    Replies
    Views
    I thinks this is the first time I've installed MP on all my machines without a single IO error 32. Good work guys, thanks!
    I thinks this is the first time I've installed MP on all my machines without a single IO error 32. Good work guys, thanks!
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.26 - Winter is coming... Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5031] - Fix Invalid File...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5031] - Fix Invalid...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom